The Maestro’s Humanity

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Bernard Udofia
Favorite Author: Biz Stone
Currently Reading: Things a Little Bird Told Me: Confessions of the Creative Mind
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bernard-udofia.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright
fav_author_id: 72309

Re: The Maestro’s Humanity

Post by Bernard Udofia »

Owuamanam wrote: 02 May 2022, 12:26 I feel success most times changes people. We can compromise our values and standards for success. The maestro mindset according to Rob White is the success mindset and it’s incredible. Howbeit, what if being successful or activating the maestro in us involves going against our humanity.
Can being a maestro make us more human or would it challenge the core identity and recognition of our common humanity?
I don't think any success that leads you to forget what it's like to be human (showing respect, love, empathy, teamwork, etc) is really success. Because the journey to success is what shapes you and gives you the attitude and personality you need to maintain that success once you get it.

So yes, I believe in pushing myself to the limit and doing whatever it takes to reach the zenith, but not at the expense of my humanity. I believe this was the point of Rob's "Maestro" message as well.
Perfect Ojonugwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-perfect-ojonugwa.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Perfect Ojonugwa »

Keep an open mind and a growth mindset in mind. If at all feasible, seek success through legitimate means. It's as simple as that; achievement attained in the proper manner speaks for itself.
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

As a maestro, I have come to understand that I must continue to strive to attain greater heights regardless of my present wins. Any little opportunity given to the intruder will turn out a catastrophe.
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

In my opinion, the maestro in us is our authentic self. And as our authentic self, we cannot go against humanity, so therefore success shouldn't go against our humanity if we truly have mastered our inner self. Otherwise, the success we think we have isn't real or comes with a high price to pay.
Shelby Ayres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

A lot of people tend to achieve success and forget where they've come from and who was actually there for them. They get so caught up in everything they forget what's most important.
Penny Ann Criswell Johnson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Totem
Currently Reading: Snatched up to heaven
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-ann-criswell-johnson.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Penny Ann Criswell Johnson »

What is success? The answer to this question can be different depending on who your asking. Growing up in a home where poverty was the raw truth, success was t hard to reach. Someone on Wall Street will need much more to be considered successful. I have to agree with the author when he said, success is the real you.
ShaniaGordon1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaniagordon1.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by ShaniaGordon1 »

Obtaining our goals in life does not necessarily mean changing our ethical standards and moral perception. Success should never compromise them. Instead, we should be grateful and share and inspire others of our milestone.
third agbata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-third-agbata.html
Latest Review: The Ant Called Tiny by Miles Phillip Lewis

Post by third agbata »

Changing your humanity to achieve success cannot make you a maestro, because the intruder will always be there to weigh you down
Pauls_
Currently Reading: A Dagger In The Heart
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul.html
Latest Review: Recognizing Beauty by Cyndi Burrough

Post by Pauls_ »

There's a virtue of being a maestro. I try to build my values while pursuing success. This is why sometimes maestros need to experience failure so that they can agree with their humanity. Good success is when it is achieved with humanity and humility.
Pauls_
Currently Reading: A Dagger In The Heart
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul.html
Latest Review: Recognizing Beauty by Cyndi Burrough

Post by Pauls_ »

I want to achieve the highest point of mastery, but not at the expense of humility and humanity. This is because mastery can be another enemy of its own if not handled with our human heart.
Achiever Tandoh
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-achiever-tandoh.html
Latest Review: Burly by Paul Drewitt

Post by Achiever Tandoh »

It's very true that the ambition to become successful can rob us of our humanity. But this also depends to some extent on our values and morals. It's a choice, it can be a hard one but it's possible. We can pursue and attain success even without compromising our values and humanity.
Latest Review: Burly by Paul Drewitt
Tessy Bullion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tessy-bullion.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Tessy Bullion »

It can go either way honestly. I don't think there is a template for this thing. While it will make one man kinder, it may very well make another meaner and more arrogant. At the end of the day, it depends on the kind of human being each of us is.
Confidence_derah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Confidence_derah »

I do not think success changes people. One might just be living a shell of his/her life, and with success, decides there is no need to keep up with the illusion.
Julia_Review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julia-review.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Julia_Review »

The success is not worth it if you do not stay true to yourself and your beliefs. Success has to have a more complex meaning and include humanity as well.
Emidio Inocencio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acalauejo-o.html
Latest Review: Diamond J&G Manor Parlay Gambling House by Sylvie L Gionet
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Emidio Inocencio »

I do believe that you become more human with the Maestro teachings. If you unblock the best you there is, you'll also give the best you there is for world. Hence, become a better human.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”