The Maestro’s Humanity

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Re: The Maestro’s Humanity

Post by Simmons32 »

I don't think success is a bad thing. It's just a matter of what you do with that success. In my mind, success comes from God. God wants us to be successful and to have everything that we want in life. For that reason, I feel that it is possible to achieve everything that the author describes alongside God. Use wealthy people for example. Being wealthy doesn't automatically make them a bad person or stuck up. They could actually be a very good person and do great things with their money and success. It is all in your mindset and how you handle that success.
estanlypido12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-estanlypido12.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by estanlypido12 »

I feel you when you asserted that our success changes us. It may be unacceptable as we may think, but it contemplates reality. However, activating the maestro in us doesn't necessarily need to go against our humanity. We can be successful without going against anything.
Nino Chinonso Onwurah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nino-chinonso-onwurah.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Nino Chinonso Onwurah »

The Maestro’s road to success is the way of excellence and authenticity. It is a continuous effort at becoming a better human being. And progress induces a certain level of delight. In fact, the closer you are to perfecting the Maestro in you, the harder you'll find it to depart from the way. Accordingly, derailing when success is achieved is hardly possible.
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Post by OTrain Disene »

We are human beings, we are not prone to change. Change is in us, and change is us. So I think the better way to be a better Maestro is change to a better person after success. Not letting success chance you into a person who neglects humanity.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

A farmer could not tell the difference between two of his horses that would born twins, so he kept them separate by putting them in different pastures to graze. When his wife asked what he was doing, he explained. She paused, and then said, "I tell the difference by noticing one is chestnut and the other is gray."

Watch out... the Intruder will distort your vision by having you say, "I can't see the difference between The Maestro and this "other self," this so called unwanted mental house guest... even though it's very obvious. That is part of The Maestro's humanity in play :) I hope, in my book, that you come to realize there's no escaping the experience of the Intruder, not so long as the word "NO" is so prominent in our vocabulary.
Aroma Perez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aroma-perez.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Aroma Perez »

True success is something that has been obtained with real, extensive, and overflowing efforts. To succeed, no one should go against their morals and values and it should not change someone morally. I think a successful person should always know how to look back on where he came from.
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Alice Fu »

I think that with success, comes the right sense of humanity. In fact, I believe that the book highlights the idea that people who can shine and see their own success will feel a sense of humanity for others as well.
Ada Chris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-chris.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Ada Chris »

From what I understand of the book, I believe that the crux of the maestro is accepting our humanity. It is the maestro that helps us understand that we do not have to be perfect but we can change our mindset and stop thinking we can't achieve things. In fact, it is the impostor that challenges our sense of identity even when we seem successful to everyone else. My idea of the maestro is that it uplifts our humanity, which is a good thing.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

I believe that being a maestro would make someone to be more human because he must have prepared for it. All the transformation is as a result of self-awareness which make him to choose the right path to take in life. And one of such preparation involves being humble.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Delioness
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delioness.html
Latest Review: Without Redemption by David Griffith

Post by Delioness »

Humanity in itself is very dynamic. Mankind is constantly evolving, changing, growing. The goal is not to loose sight of our Maestro despite the numerous successes we may encounter.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

As I was writing this book, I became much more aware of humanity's destiny. We human beings are here in human form to express ourselves so that we may express and experience our majesty as The Maestro (as far as our lives go). Without that, humanity is destined to an eternity of disappointment. And with that, humanity itself leaps upward into higher dimensions of existence God and the angels are found. I mean that metaphorically, not religiously :) Rob
Drmol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drmol.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Drmol »

Even though many individuals change once they achieve success, staying loyal to yourself and maintaining a maestro attitude is a solid strategy to achieve long-term success
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

What's interesting about "humanity" is that it is a word, an abstraction. Abstractions, indeed are powerful, however there is no corresponding reality to it. The "human family," for sure, is a reality, and that is how The Maestro loves to presence itself in the world in a productive and playful way. Another great idea I did not address specifically in my book. Thank you :) Rob
Favour Ojonugwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-ojonugwa.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Favour Ojonugwa »

You don't let success change you, success is not the end, continue to be the maestro that you are.
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

As you folks commented on my book this month, I became very aware of onlinebookclub member's collective humanity. Wow, you folks are beaming with love and acceptance. It is so apparent. Thank you for allowing me to participate, as an author, in this remarkable forum. Blessings :) Rob author: The Maestro Monologue

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”