After reading The Maestro Monologue, how do you, now, see yourself differently? [Featured Question from May BOTM Author]

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Emmanuela Amasiobi
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuela-amasiobi.html
Latest Review: The Poison Of Perfection by Angela Wadley

Re: After reading The Maestro Monologue, how do you, now, see yourself differently? [Featured Question from May BOTM Aut

Post by Emmanuela Amasiobi »

I definitely do. It is a reminder that I am a master of myself and my thoughts. The book made me constantly conscious of my personality.
seyi Aralepo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seyi-aralepo.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by seyi Aralepo »

In The Maestro Monologue, the author talked about immobilizing our focus and monopolizing our attention. Before reading this book, I used to be easily distracted by my emotions, and situations around me used to shape my judgment about issues. After reading this book, I decided to start concentrating solely on my assignments, and I stopped being discouraged by negative thoughts.
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: Words of Wisdom: INSPIRING QUOTES for Everyone by Sharef Flounoy

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

To take off from my last comment, realizing that I am much more than my flaws allows me to work on those flaws. I am not at a place where I perceive myself to be the best version I can be, but I am better than who I was before this book.
Almira789
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-almira789.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Almira789 »

After reading this book, I honestly employ more courage, and it compelled me to believe that success is indeed achievable. Furthermore, the concept of “intruder” is quite engaging for me, and I couldn't agree more that we have our own intruders.
jemimapaul
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by jemimapaul »

I feel empowered after reading this book. Now I remind myself a dozen times daily that I've always been and always will be a rich and majestic child of infinite intelligence, and "greater is He" that is in me.
Raquel Sojo
Currently Reading: Egomaniac
Bookshelf Size: 410
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raquel-sojo.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Raquel Sojo »

It helped me realize that in a way, my biggest limit was being generated by me. By being aware of this, I can open myself to everything that helps me to eliminate this self-sabotage from my life, and consequently, I can do more to exploit the capabilities that make me better every day and help me grow.
Moses mark joe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Moses mark joe »

I believe I can do better now. Though it may tardy buh I'll surely get there... The intruder has power only if you let him in
Zolex Paula Avina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zolex-paula-avina.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Zolex Paula Avina »

After reading the book, I could almost feel lump leave my chest. A lump of doubt and utter surrender to the elements of the world. I have come to realise that I am more in control with the direction of my life than previously thought.

I am also learning how to deal with the intruders in my life. Such issues as procastination and concession to self-negativity. I'm really excited about reading the book. Emphasis on "am". :D
kajal31
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajal31.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by kajal31 »

My thoughts about my dreams and goals have changed a little bit after reading this book. Many of the times I was a few steps away from my final destination, I lost everything just because of my self-doubt. Self-doubt completely shatters my confidence and I start to compare myself with everyone. After reading this, I think my way of thinking has changed, and now I have taken one more step closer to removing my self-doubt from my life. 
Shelby Ayres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

Personally, I see myself as a person with flaws from previous intruders and am actively working to be my own Maestro. I am continuously growing as a person daily and am planning to continue to use the topics given.
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

Before reading I had the wrong ideology about discipline but after reading this book, I can now boldly say that I have mastered habits.
Glorious Jack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glorious-jack.html
Latest Review: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Glorious Jack »

After reading this book, I understand and accept that I am flawed, there is no one that is perfect, and comparing myself to others does not help.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

This book opened my eyes to the power of being yourself and not always following the trend. Don't allow outside voices stiffle/cloud the inner true voice. Be original, be yourself, be happy!
Nathalie Elsa Nelson
Currently Reading: Of the Earth
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elsa-lee.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by Nathalie Elsa Nelson »

I believe every self-care book will give the reader something to gain and this book gives me a better insight into life. I have started looking at myself in a different light, in a more positive way.
Mechito Mecherchito
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mechito-mecherchito.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Mechito Mecherchito »

Now I am an intern at the National Archives, until now I was wondering if I would be chosen at work, if I could be the best, however after reading this book I just know that this is my place and I am already successful and the best!

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”