After reading The Maestro Monologue, how do you, now, see yourself differently? [Featured Question from May BOTM Author]

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

After reading The Maestro Monologue, how do you, now, see yourself differently? [Featured Question from May BOTM Author]

Post by Rob White »

Many empowering truths about ourselves do not occur for us because our ways of interpreting ourselves does not allow for it. When we come to see the empowering truth about ourselves, a truth you’ve always known at some level, that’s when your "Maestro Existence" becomes possible. And that's when you begin to take resolute ownership of your life. I used to see myself as hardworking and tenacious, yet flawed in so many ways. Now I see myself as "marvelously made" and WOW... I get ten times as much done in half a day :) Rob
Stellah Chege
Currently Reading: Black Hat/White Hat: A tale of Good is Evil
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stellah-chege.html
Latest Review: Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem by Dr. Frank L. Douglas

Post by Stellah Chege »

I always thought that growing up you gain personality and become more of who you are. But this book made me see that some of the reasons we are the way we are is because we allowed ourselves to be intruded by negative voices. This made us forget who we are. But there's a way of chipping away all the negative build up to become who we were truly meant to be. It made me see myself as an intricate human being who has the power the change the direction and course of my life. I loved this book
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

Thank you for sharing Chege. Believe it or not, most folks, at age 86, are the same person they were at age 12. Yes, we piece ourselves together between age five and twelve, and most folks do not question that identity. They know not that they are here to continually challenge who they think they were yesterday so they can unconceal a little more of the "real deal" when it comes to themselves. That's life in it's finest hours!
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

Reading this book has altered my attitude and interpretation of myself. Having read the heading titled "The Peril of Misunderstanding" and "No Chapter" I now realized that nothing is limiting my progress, strength, potential and achievement but my inability to understand myself, identify with the right people and have a positive thoughts about myself.
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

Hi Omega ... I used to get up in the morning reminding myself of all the things that were wrong with me. I did that unconsciously. Believe it or not, millions and millions of human beings do that daily. I would then go out into the world and put on an act of superiority to disguise my feeling of inferiority. When I caught onto my act, I realized that I was harming myself, not helping myself. Alan Watts (philosopher) pointed this out to me while sitting on his houseboat in Sausalito, Ca. That is what I want to point out to others via my book :) Rob
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

Another way I see myself differently, after writing this book, is that it is apparent to me how I am on an ongoing unconcealing and revealing of the entire design of being human. By that I mean, "There is no limit to how we can express myself. You too! We are not bound by instincts. In any moment we can create ourselves anew, if we really want to. I find myself looking into that continually, even in the simplest matters. No matter what the circumstance may be, if I find it at all agitating to me I ask, "How can I see this differently so I occur to myself differently in the face of that circumstance?" And instantly I have ripped open a little space to handle the matter more effectively?" By just asking that question, I create a clearing to reveal a little more of the entire design of being a human being... just as you can do if you're willing to. And when I do - Phew, that's what it is to feel really alive! :) Rob
Lydia Efobi 1
Favorite Book: Love Hypothesis
Currently Reading: Six of Crows
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydia-efobi-1.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Lydia Efobi 1 »

I believe I can do better now. I see myself in a better place just by implementing what I learned from this book. Thank you Mr Rob White
Rosemary Owolabi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-owolabi.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Rosemary Owolabi »

This book I read opened my eyes and prompted me to keep thinking deeply, to keep asking questions, and improve myself as a human being. All thanks to Rob's book, I have more power to change my world than ever.
If you are having a bad day, let people see that you are having a good day...Spread good vibes, people are going through a lot already. :tiphat:
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

The ultimate state of being is being free to consciously choose, "Who I want to be." WOW, that's a big one. We get so ensnared in the conversation we are born into, fraught with thoughts of NO, that we end up living our lives re-actively, just trying to get approval and cover up our "supposed" flaws. Even today, even though I wrote the book, I continually make a conscious effort to see myself differently so I can grow and expand into all I am here to be :) Rob
wmeki510
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wmeki510.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by wmeki510 »

After reading this book, I see myself as being in control; as actually being capable of navigating through life's obstacles and failures and coming out victorious . I no longer indulge in self-pity. I am glad I came across this book.
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

When I was younger, I believed that I could do anything. I believed that nothing can stop me yet somehow along the way I felt limited somehow. After reading this book, I have started looking at myself in a different manner. I now know that I can be anythng, grow into a person I am destined to be.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
Rexan
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rexan.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Rexan »

I subconsciously always reminded myself of the worst I could be, the worst was that I will sometimes look into the mirror to see if my physique had changed. I then realized that I'm uniquely and adequately me.
Emerizx
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emerizx.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Emerizx »

Reading the book has opened my mind to possibility of achieving any goal that I have set for myself. The book was so empowering and energetic in bringing out the best in people that would want to take a step.
Vivian Stones
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-stones.html
Latest Review: The Silicon Divide by Danielle Nowell

Post by Vivian Stones »

The intruder can only come in as far as we let them. This book made me come to a general conclusion about our Maestro existence. The truth of the matter is that we are how we are because we give attention to the intruder.
Elenimo Chembe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elenimo-chembe.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Elenimo Chembe »

Well, I haven't finished the book yet but I am almost done. It seems to be infused with religious and self-help, positive thinking elements. Being a religious person myself I don't find the concepts expressed therein to be new. However, it is still an interesting read - check it out my review which I will write pretty soon.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”