What did you try before The Maestro Monologue?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Re: What did you try before The Maestro Monologue?

Post by Precious Oba »

Before reading this book, I have been working on managing my time better. Reading this book made me put more effort into it. I hope to be a enter time manager and teach others on how to do it better soon.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

Another thing I tried before writing this book - was hypnosis. Oh ya, I found myself a real good hypnotist (back in my twenties), who was supposed to "fix me." Obviously that was a bust. I was trying to take the lazy way out. Didn't want to take personal responsibility. It didn't work! I had to jump in completely (jump into my own life), and hold myself responsible, if my life was to change. That's what works. That's what my book's about. :) Rob
Eva Nyaburi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

Before I read this book, I was doing a little bit of meditation to help with my anxiety. Maestro Monologue provided more techniques and skills on how to be in control of your life.
Stephen Ogunwale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeyemi-stephen.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Stephen Ogunwale »

From my own perspective, I think this book gives one the opportunity to have a rethink of the ways in which one has been living. The book teaches how being temperate even in the face of heightened chaos can have a positive effect on all and sundry.
Peter Ebunola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-ebunola.html
Latest Review: The Third Secret by Marco DeSio

Post by Peter Ebunola »

Thanks for this. I'm actually used to quoting a lot of scriptures and other quotes of people. Though it helps somethings but I can see this is a new way of attaining inner peace. I am glad for this eye opening piece of advice. At least a quote says "Only a fool uses same method and expects different results."
John Brown 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-brown-10.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by John Brown 10 »

I always tried to just ignore the downsides of life instead of trying to understand it and play against it.
Stephen Ogunwale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeyemi-stephen.html

Post by Stephen Ogunwale »

And I’m sure by now you know that ignoring the downsides of life puts you in such a position that you feel everything that happens must be positive such that when it happens otherwise, you feel disappointed or let down as the case maybe. Maestro monologue, a masterpiece.
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

Before now I say positive things to myself every morning. I stand in front of the mirror then pose like a super hero and tell myself the best things in the world.
Maris Charles M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maris-charles-m.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Maris Charles M »

I used to say positive things about myself and be around those who value me.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

I have tried many things in my life, and one thing I tried this month (while my book was BOTM), was to eagerly learn what all of you have to offer me with the comments you offered. And that was a lot! You bookofthemonthclub folks are a fine gathering of folks. No doubt about that. Thank you for letting me get involved :) Rob author: The Maestro Monologue
Emmanuela Amasiobi
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuela-amasiobi.html
Latest Review: The Poison Of Perfection by Angela Wadley

Post by Emmanuela Amasiobi »

Before I came across this book, I've tired to fight procrastination and I've done pretty well at it although the book has been a great encouragement.
Elendu Ekechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

I tried to master the act of discipline but I wasn't getting it right till I read Maestro Monologue
Judy46
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy46.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Alfie Thomas

Post by Judy46 »

I think I was formerly a person who liked to blame myself for everything but after this, I have realized that some of this behaviours is as a result of the intruder and this has helped shaped my decisions in order to bring forth maestro within.
Frank Mutuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frank-mutuma.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Frank Mutuma »

Am still struggling with negative attitude but am making steps. I hope this book will be of help to my efforts.
seyi Aralepo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seyi-aralepo.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by seyi Aralepo »

Before reading this book, I procrastinated a lot and dwelt too much on my negative thoughts. I would often try to stop these negative thoughts by focusing on other things. In this book, the author talked about using the power of our intervention on our inner chatter to give us solutions to our challenges. Since reading this book, I have been able to turn my negative thoughts into positivity, which has helped me a lot.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”