What did you try before The Maestro Monologue?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Perfect Ojonugwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-perfect-ojonugwa.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Re: What did you try before The Maestro Monologue?

Post by Perfect Ojonugwa »

Most of the time, I was aware of the importance of positive thinking and affirmations in attempting to solve my difficulties. Prior to this, I attempted to combine them with meditation with little or no success.
Mrunal Tikekar
Currently Reading: Heartquake
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunal-tikekar.html
Latest Review: Out of the Uniform, Back into Civilian Life: No Nonsense Veterans Benefits Guid by Jason Pike

Post by Mrunal Tikekar »

I had heard a lot of positive affirmations, and I did try to practice them. I meditated, read a lot of spiritual books. Waking up and practising positive affirmations for 10 minutes worked the best.
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

I have always known that the power of positive thinking and words can go a long way in the life of an individual. However, I needed more guidance to unleash whatsoever thoughts I had and put them to practice.
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

Before reading this book, I tried to ignore and not think about my shortcomings too much. I focused solely on goals in the future. Recently, I've become more open to actually questioning who I am, why I do what I do. Books like this one have lighten the path for me the most because it is so applicable, easy to read and spoke to me at a deeper level.
Hannah Ying
Currently Reading: The Secret History
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-ying.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by Hannah Ying »

I've always tried simply ignoring the imposter, hoping they'd go away if I wished hard enough. But they didn't, not really. This book showed me better ways of going about dealing with the imposter. A big thanks to Rob White!
Raquel Sojo
Currently Reading: Egomaniac
Bookshelf Size: 410
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raquel-sojo.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Raquel Sojo »

I read many self-help books that were simply not realistic, or that were so general that they were simply books full of positive phrases without focus.

The "eating the frog" for me has been liberating in many ways and even more so in the work aspect.
Zolex Paula Avina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zolex-paula-avina.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Zolex Paula Avina »

I initially tried to individually address my Problems usually through denial or rationalisation. Then after some time, I realised I could talk to friends about them. While this was quite successful, there was still the lacking element of professional insight and the obstacle in the form of everybody having their own problems.
CatNationhood
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catnationhood.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by CatNationhood »

I tried advice that I saw in numerous videos and books. I will not say that they didn't work for me. They did, but only to an extent. This book, however, opened the flood gates of truth and gave me epiphany after epiphany about my life and my abilities.
kajal31
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajal31.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by kajal31 »

I used to doubt myself always. I compared myself with other people, and this was the worst thing I could do. I somehow now know how to stop all these after reading this book. But before, I used to tell myself that it was a bad thing and I should not do this. I used to put myself into situations where I had to practise confidence. I always tried my best to do new things and read certain books. Not only that, but I also used to procrastinate a lot, but I then used to organise myself better to stop procrastination.
Shelby Ayres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

In my attempts to try and rectify my problems I blamed everything but myself. Or I spent the time tearing myself down in an effort to make sense of situations.
Chidera agbata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chidera-agbata.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Chidera agbata »

I am really enjoying this forum. Thanks to whosoever that dropped this question. Am really learning a lot.
Edet Joy
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edet-joy.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Edet Joy »

I made a concerted effort to minimize the drawbacks until now. They always managed to resurface, though. I was ignorant of a more effective and straightforward method to deal with the impostor. I'm grateful for the strategies I learned from this book.
Glorious Jack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glorious-jack.html
Latest Review: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Glorious Jack »

Before this book, I used to journal every week about all the issues i faced and how they made me feel, but after reading this book, I have a better way of dealing with my issues.
Leasa Ana Maria
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Devil Pulls the Strings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leasa-ana-maria.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Leasa Ana Maria »

I tried to deal with myself by thinking positively even in the hardest times and trying to focus on the small things that made me happy. 
Alyssa Wakefield
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Currently Reading: Little Women
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyssa-wakefield.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Alyssa Wakefield »

Before reading the book it was really easy for me to hyper-focus on minimal mistakes and negative feelings, rather than maintaining a positive outlook on the bigger picture. I’m working on shifting my perspective.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”