Life is benevolent. Do you agree?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Robert Obikanyi
Currently Reading: Swiss Family Robinson
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izuchukwu-obi.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger

Life is benevolent. Do you agree?

Post by Robert Obikanyi »

This author indicates that life is continually watching us and reacting to our thoughts. So, according to my understanding, life should go on as we expect it to -- favourably. But that is not how life works. It has many positive aspects that we enjoy, as well as numerous negative aspects that we do not enjoy or desire.

Can we truly say that life is kind?
Maryam Bashir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maryam-bashir.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Maryam Bashir »

Life is kind sometimes but most importantly I think life is humbling because the negative aspects of life makes you acknowledge the positive aspects and how kind I was to you at that moment in time.
Wy_Bertram
Favorite Book: 1984
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wy-bertram.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Wy_Bertram »

I'm not sure I agree with the author entirely, but I believe life has duality for a reason, because how else would we define the good times without the bad. Benevolence doesn't happen in a vacuum, but that life is outrightly positive is something I really can't except.
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

Yes life is kind but definitely not fair. For most people, the bad times outnumber good times.
ZhanLu
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zhanlu.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by ZhanLu »

Is life benevolent? That is a good topic for debate. I don't know if I can agree with the author that 'life is benevolent', because in my perspective, I feel that life is cold. It is neutral. Yes, neutral would be a good word to describe life. It doesn't care if we are experiencing the positive aspects and it sure does not care if we are struggling. Most of the good and bad are born due to our choices. But, sometimes we are helpless to the good and the bad that life dumps at us while it watches coldly from afar. Life is a rollercoaster. But, it definitely is not benevolent, that is for sure.
ZhanLu
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zhanlu.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by ZhanLu »

Maryam Bashir wrote: 18 May 2022, 10:54 Life is kind sometimes but most importantly I think life is humbling because the negative aspects of life makes you acknowledge the positive aspects and how kind I was to you at that moment in time.
True that. We sometimes take the good things for granted. No matter how many times we learn our lesson, we still take the good things for granted.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

"Life is benevolent. Do you agree?" Indeed, a great topic of conversation that I address in my own way, in my book.

If I were to speak directly to the question, I'd respond this way:

Our lives are found in the living of our lives. The only way we can experience the WOE or the WOW of life is by living it. Furthermore, in the living of our lives we find that life is not "out there" happening to us, but rather, we find life is "in here." Life is in us, it's not separate from us. And what we project outwardly, our world reflects back, impeccably. Each of us live in our own unique world. And that world is our mirror, never in error when returning what we're expecting.

Quantum Physicist might say, "Life is an incredible display of infinite forces." And I would add, "And we get to weave those forces into experiences of our own making. Some folks see the incredible display as benevolent, and weave those forces in myriad ways that give them remarkable experience. And other folks get caught in in the Intruder's point of view, which is, "life is a threat,filled with forces of pain." And when caught in that point of view, that is the kinds of experiences we experience. Again our projections become our realities, be it WOW or WOE.

Thanks for allowing me to check in on this conversation :) Rob
Ebi Robert
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebi-robert.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Ebi Robert »

I would say that is very much relative. It depends on what perspective one is looking at it from. For some, yes, especially when born with a silver spoon. To some others, no. But I think somehow life has given itself for offer with many packages. One has to choice wisely.
Sabu21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabu21.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sabu21 »

In my opinion, saying that life is benevolent is oversimplifying it. Although I agree that our choices heavily influence how we experience life (i.e., if you make good choices, you will reap the benefits of your decisions), one cannot deny that there are situations that take place regardless of what we have done or how our character is. These negative experiences are just a natural part of life, and persevering through them gives one a richer human experience.
Flourish_2022
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-2022.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Flourish_2022 »

Life is a function of the mindset. I think what the author was trying to say was to have a positive outlook on things. Even if the negative seems overwhelming.
Favour Yahaya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-yahaya.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Favour Yahaya »

Life is kind but it also depends on the the kind of words you hear from the beginning. The words you hear from the beginning determine the decision you will take in life
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

Life is kind. And truly, what we think about affects what we get from life. This atimes, is what many referred to as law of attraction. But, we realise that life is not always positive as we think. This, I can attribute to the fact that, there are forces beyond our control. But life itself offers the best if we position ourselves properly to receive it.
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Alice Fu »

I believe that life is truly what we make it out to be. Although a lot of events that are thrown at us can appear to be awful, the right jump at a given time can help reverse things and boost someone to the top of where they need to be.
Ibunyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibunyi.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Ibunyi »

A good life could be defined differently by different groups of people. However, some similar aspects associated with these different people and regions definite averagely what good life could mean. Moreover, due to disproportionate living situations of different kinds of people, I would say life is more inclined to being cruel.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

Hi Oluwapelumi. I notice what you said: "Yes life is kind but definitely not fair. For most people, the bad times outnumber good times." I mention, in my book, that "two men look from prison bars, one saw mud and the other stars." I believe life offers us whatever we're looking for. I believe life has plenty of good and plenty of bad available, and if we train our brain to notice the good... before we know it the good far outweighs the bad. Just a thought. Thank you for participating :) Rob

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”