Life is benevolent. Do you agree?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Cherrie Rosaldo
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Favorite Book: David's Sling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrie-rosaldo.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak
fav_author_id: 4569

Re: Life is benevolent. Do you agree?

Post by Cherrie Rosaldo »

Well, life depends on what we think. If you have positive mindset, whatever happens, you will still see the positive side of life. An author said that "You get what you think, not what you deserve." :)
Achiever Tandoh
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-achiever-tandoh.html
Latest Review: Burly by Paul Drewitt

Post by Achiever Tandoh »

Life is kind, nothing last forever. Even if you suffer today, you may be living in bliss tomorrow. Some people may experience more bad days than others though, which makes us think that life is not fair.
Latest Review: Burly by Paul Drewitt
Che Sparrowbosa
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-che-sparrowbosa.html
Latest Review: Provoked To Anger by Cheray Gardison

Post by Che Sparrowbosa »

Absolutely agree. Life is a continuous cycle to be good and do good. A man is the sum total of his experiences and is only as kind as he treats others. So I believe that life is just a constant struggle of homosapien's benevolence.
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Summer Henrietta »

Life is indeed benevolent. We experience the two sides of life to make appreciate our existence as humans. The way life is fashioned, we get to exper the positive and negative sode of it , hence life is balanced.
Moyin Loveth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moyin-loveth.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Moyin Loveth »

Rob White wrote: 22 May 2022, 15:31 Hi Oluwapelumi. I notice what you said: "Yes life is kind but definitely not fair. For most people, the bad times outnumber good times." I mention, in my book, that "two men look from prison bars, one saw mud and the other stars." I believe life offers us whatever we're looking for. I believe life has plenty of good and plenty of bad available, and if we train our brain to notice the good... before we know it the good far outweighs the bad. Just a thought. Thank you for participating :) Rob
I Definitely agree with your sentiments. Our perception of life usually determines it gives us. It's usually up to us to make the best of what we get.
Kieran Anslow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kieran-anslow.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kieran Anslow »

In my opinion, life is benevolent. Life is kind. It is necessary for us to open our hearts and minds to the good things around because what we open ourselves to is what we will experience from life.
bishop_444
Favorite Book: Yesterday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bishop-444.html
Latest Review: The Reject Bench by James H Morgan

Post by bishop_444 »

No, life is not kind. Not to the majority of people. It could be kind, but we are all too focused on the bad/negative to notice the great things we have going for us. Life could be kind if we took the time every day to appreciate the small things: making it through the day, being healthy, having a comfortable bed at the end of a long day, even something simple like having a nice, hot cup of coffee in the morning.
Kelsey Roy
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: East Wind, 2nd edition
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsey-roy.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Kelsey Roy »

I thought this was an interesting premise in the book. I have never thought that "life" was benevolent. I do believe that some of the negative aspects of life give individuals a perspective that leads to more positivity. I recently read a book, Killing Abel by Michael Tieman, in which the author discussed how God makes decisions that may not make sense in the present, but deep into the future work out for the best. Therein lies true benevolence.
Ebele Ekelobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebele-ekelobi.html
Latest Review: My Life as a Cryptocurrency by April Lee

Post by Ebele Ekelobi »

Life follows our decisions and not our thoughts. Life is only fair to us when we make the right decision and take positive actions. When we don’t take positive actions, life wouldn’t be so fair.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I agree. It’s only we who make it harsh and difficult because of the choices we make. Life is there to enjoy but when your emotions get the best of us and the values we hold dear are prioritized, it’s when we think life is unkind after a negative consequence.
Tessy Bullion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tessy-bullion.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Tessy Bullion »

Someone once said that "life is whatever you make of it". It is not a living breathing thing with emotion. It is whatever we or other agents make it into. So, I do not think that life is kind. I think that it can only be said to be kind when we all learn to be kind.
Cocobutta
Currently Reading: Hidden Current
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cocobutta.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Cocobutta »

I feel like life is just what it is, it’s neither kind nor wicked. To some life might be kind to others it might be absolutely horrible. There’s no blueprint.
Julius J James
Currently Reading: Herculubus or Red Planet
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-james-1.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Julius J James »

I truly agree life is benevolent. Life has disadvantages and advantages. Without any negative aspects, nobody would understand what life teaches.
Sydney Ash
Currently Reading: Where the Crawdads Sing
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-ash.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Sydney Ash »

I think life truly is a series of ups and downs. I believe that those negative parts make the good parts that much more valuable. Overall, I think the best parts in life outweigh the negative. In that sense, life is kind for the most part. But I agree that when it is not, life can be extremely cruel.
Confidence_derah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Confidence_derah »

I agree that life is benevolent. Most times, the negative aspects that we experience in our life teaches us and prepares us for the future. Plus, some of these negative experiences are as a result of our inability to discern the intruder from the maestro.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”