Life is benevolent. Do you agree?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Oluwabiyi Israel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwabiyi-daniel.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Re: Life is benevolent. Do you agree?

Post by Oluwabiyi Israel »

Yes. Life is benevolent, because life gives everyone chances. Sure it may give someone more chances than another but everyone gets chances. Some people recognise it and take it while others don't. This is why most people do not see life as benevolent. However, I agree that life is benevolent.
Julia_Review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julia-review.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Julia_Review »

Life gives all the instruments that you have to learn to use. They are sometimes pleasant, sometimes not, but you still have to go through life from a learner's perspective.
cindypatron
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cindypatron.html
Latest Review: Involuntary Reroute by Robert Laney

Post by cindypatron »

I agree with the author when he emphasized on the fact that life is constantly reacting to our thoughts. The mind is a powerful tool, whatever passes through your mind matters, because it could be a blue print of how you see life, either bad or good, and life just reacts to it whichever way it wants, wouldn't say life is benevolent, but it sure would react to your thoughts! So question should be what are your thoughts on? What do you think? Do you see life easy or hard? Just my point of view!
Fajarr
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fajarr.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Fajarr »

Oluwapelumi Rachael wrote: 18 May 2022, 17:45 Yes life is kind but definitely not fair. For most people, the bad times outnumber good times.
I don't agree with this statement because it is my thinking that its your perspective that plays a major role in whether the bad times are really bad. you could have the worst day in your opinion and someone else going thru the same experience might feel like its one of their best
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
The Nabongos Duchess
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-nabongos-duchess.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by The Nabongos Duchess »

I think I a gree with this.Life is unfair, many times the negatives outshine the positives but again maybe we are not thankful and that's why we experience this feeling.
Joanne Ike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joanne-ike.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Joanne Ike »

I believe life is neither benevolent nor maleficent. Misfortunes often come unannounced but so do miracles. Miracles occur when we least expect them. That's life. The benefit of this duality is that we are assured that bad times don't last forever and good times will always return. It also means that we should cherish good times because bad times may be around the corner. And as humans, we go through this roller-coaster that is life and somehow still continue on.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Post by Hager Salem »

I don't think the book denies the difficulty of life, It just focuses on the difference that can happen when you respond differently. So it's not the kindness of life that it focuses on, It's the lemonade you make when life gives you lemon.
Agbata Donald 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-donald-1.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Agbata Donald 1 »

Life is benevolent. We just hav to let our bad past go. We have to forget about the past and think about the future. One has to live to impress himself
ELSETH MAEVE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elseth-maeve.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by ELSETH MAEVE »

Yes, I do believe that life is benevolent. I have seen a lot of beautiful things from the time I started living. I have also seen a lot of bad things. These things have made me wiser. I am very grateful for that because I have learnt that certain incidences just keep reoccuring. By keeping track of each, I am always able to understand and pull through.
Thompson Grace
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thompson-grace.html
Latest Review: Give insomnia the finger by Dr Feel Good

Post by Thompson Grace »

Life could be kind in some aspects but I think there are other bad sides to life. But always will make the best out of every life circumstance is key to making you have a good life.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

Wow, what a contentious subject. That is pretty much relative, I would argue. It depends on the angle from which the situation is viewed. Yes, for certain people, especially those who were born privileged. No, not to others. But I believe that life has mysteriously offered itself in a variety of packaging. One must make wise decisions.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

In my opinion, I will say that life is benevolent, it doesn't matter if we get perpetual benefits of life or not. Life is benevolent mean, life has a lot of positive emotions to give us. But many factors prevent the benevolence of life from wholesomely manifesting in one's life. When life give you spouse, we say it is benevolent. if life give you job which under which you can well perform, we say life is benevolent. if life bring you ultimate success in one of your project, we say again that life is benevolent. However, any difficulty life brings your way itself, is to help you overcome a shortcoming of yourself which will help you get another benevolence coming.

Human beings also prevent life's benevolence from being realized in an individual. But in all this, they cannot say life is not benevolent.
Maria Ferreira Silva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-ferreira-silva.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Maria Ferreira Silva »

Life is not always fair and I don't belive its benevolent. Some could have a really good life and other a completely harsh one. It's arbitrary.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

I will say life is benevolent. This is true irrespective of our choice to be happy or not. Life will always provide you with opportunities at a crucial stage in life. Though one will have unpleasant moments, those unpleasant moments don't kill in their reality.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

I feel this is true because that’s what this year has been to me. The first six months of this year was bleak, then I changed my thoughts, started being more grateful. I still have worries, but I don’t let it bother me. Life will deal with you the way you look at her.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”