Life is benevolent. Do you agree?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Kayla Archer
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-archer.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Re: Life is benevolent. Do you agree?

Post by Kayla Archer »

Life is life. How we react to it is how we determine our outcome. People suffer from cancer each day, yet some sow seeds of bitterness and anger while others choose joy.
clumsy smurf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clumsy-smurf.html
Latest Review: A Walk in the Twilight by John J Bosco Jr.

Post by clumsy smurf »

I think life is kind depending on how you respond to circumstances. I feel that each person should have a way to respond to life and that way life will be kind. But overall life has good and bad times
Prosper2000
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prosper2000.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Prosper2000 »

I would indeed say life is benevolent and kind but only to those who have imbibed its wisdom. If you learn from your mistakes, experiences, others wisdom and what life teaches in general, you receive its full rewards.
Wildflowertheorist
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildflowertheorist.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Wildflowertheorist »

Life's kind if you believe it to be. Despite all odds and everything going against your wishes, you can still call it a kind life because it's still the same belief that life is kind. Faith in kindness of life may not change life or circumstances, but it can give the power to oneself to face the odds.
"When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Christabel Egbeama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-egbeama.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
Reading Device: B09KBSDRDG

Post by Christabel Egbeama »

Life can be kind and cruel. Sometimes I think of all the negative aspects of life and always question myself why life has to be this way. But now I've come to realize that I wouldn't want it any other way. The negative aspects of life teaches us things, we learn from our mistakes and struggles. Life is kind because through our trials it gives us a chance an opportunity to acquire more wisdom, improve our adaptability skills.
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Post by OTrain Disene »

I don't necessarily believe in karma, but to some greater degree, I think life gives back to you what you give out to it. So if you are rude to people and think only the negatives, then that will be how your reality will be like.
Ogejoe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Ogejoe »

Life is kind. And truly, what we think about affects what we get from life. This atimes, is what many referred to as law of attraction. But, we realise that life is not always positive as we think.
But I can't deny the fact that life is indeed benevolent..
Victoria Ukamaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

Oluwapelumi Rachael wrote: 18 May 2022, 17:45 Yes life is kind but definitely not fair. For most people, the bad times outnumber good times.
I agree. Life is disproportionate in it's sharing of good and bad times. Some people seems to have loads of the bad times. Generally, life is not fair.
Isaac Oh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: The Natural Guard by Michael L. Chapla

Post by Isaac Oh »

Life is kind but the imbalance seems to prove otherwise. The sadness just always seems to outweigh the happiness.
Corrie-Lynn Penny
Currently Reading: Thunderhead
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corrie-lynn-penny.html
Latest Review: Consciousness Unbundled by Jack Veffer

Post by Corrie-Lynn Penny »

It's hard to pick one side or the other, just because life varies so much and can be unfair even before birth, based on the situation that surrounds your birth and upbringing. For some life may be benevolent, and for others it isn't. Some find the comfort in the neutrality of life.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

The good and bad of life is relative. At some point, good things happen to bad people while at other times, bad things happen to good people.
Chidera agbata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chidera-agbata.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Chidera agbata »

I will neither say yes nor no to this question. I think it has to be looked into deeply. That question is like a paradox to me. so I can't say.
Amberly Ayra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amberly-ayra.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Amberly Ayra »

I think that having a positive attitude helps to create a better environment, but there are many aspects to take into account. It is not as easy as wishing you had something to get it, however it helps to be focused on the goal. In general, I would say that this type of book helps people a lot, but a little more is required to have good results. However the book is a good start.
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

To an extent, I understand what the author means. In my own understanding life itself is kind. It's already a blessing to be alive and not dead. However, the unfortunate things in life aren’t happening because life wants that for us but because the other negative aspects like mean people, corrupt government systems, luck, and so on continue to shift and shape the events in our life. But then again, one can argue that all these negative aspects are part of life and are probably the things that help us appreciate the good times. So while I think I understand what the author is saying, I don’t fully agree with him.
Scottie Rames
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scottie-rames.html
Latest Review: 10 Leading Tools by KG Butler

Post by Scottie Rames »

Life is definitely kind to use. I say that because no one goes through a situation they cannot rise above. We've all survived things we thought we'd never survive.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”