Life is benevolent. Do you agree?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
hana_me
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hana-me.html
Latest Review: OUCH! The Pain of Modern Civilization by Dr. Ajay Issar & Alka Issar

Re: Life is benevolent. Do you agree?

Post by hana_me »

Life is kind but it's up to us if we are going to accept the kindness life is offering. And also, life is kind but at the same time, life is not an open book, the kindness of life is like treasure, we have to find and hunt it. And when we already have the kindness of life, we have to do something to make it consistent.
Gloria Kaszyczky
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gloria-kaszyczky.html
Latest Review: Luray by Dennis Haupt

Post by Gloria Kaszyczky »

I would say that life is kind and benevolent because, in my opinion, you are the one who can choose to see life as kind and benevolent, you can choose to be grateful and happy even though the circumnstances are not the best. I think it depends on you, since in life we will alway experience difficulties, the secret hides in how you choose to respond to them. :D
Latest Review: Luray by Dennis Haupt
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

I'm of the opinion that our thoughts go a long way in regards to how we view life. At times experiences and environment have a lot to do with the same. Still, generally, life is benevolent. One doesn't have to look too hard, right in front of you, there's a reason to smile. It's not that easy to commit suicide, even when faced with adversity, as there's a will to live. There's more to life than our challenges and shortcomings. If you overlook and deal with these two, life is actually beautiful.
Raquel Sojo
Currently Reading: Egomaniac
Bookshelf Size: 410
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raquel-sojo.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Raquel Sojo »

It seems to me that this is a more complex issue than it seems. Life in its totality has good and bad moments, this is what allows us to define them as such; the benevolence in these depends on the focus we give it. If we focus only on what is negative for each person, the answer will obviously be negative and the other way around.

Personally, I consider that life is benevolent in many aspects. In relation to the statement that "life is continuously observing us and reacting to our thoughts", in an analytical view I would say that our thoughts are linked to our actions and these influence those moments that we can consider benevolent.
Zolex Paula Avina
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zolex-paula-avina.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Zolex Paula Avina »

Benevolence or kindness is too simple a term with which to describe life. Life is complex and unpredictable and can afford to be kind to all.

The challenges of life are important constituents of its essence. Hence, I think it's an ill-fated quest trying to arrive at the benevolence of life or trying to structure oneself in such a way to benefit from a form of kind living. Life is challenging.
CatNationhood
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catnationhood.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by CatNationhood »

I think that life is just a neutral on looker. It lets us see what we want. We may never have all that we desire from life, but we can make do with what it has given us. So, yes, I like to think that life is a benevolent neutral onlooker.
Kyrian007
Currently Reading: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrian007.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kyrian007 »

I would say, life is not because living is based on solving problems. The more we grow the bigger the problems life throws at us but life has its good specs
Shelby Ayres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

I think life is about balance, everything can't go perfectly. I feel that's unrealistic. But when someone can take those bad times and turn them into something good that is what it's all about.
duskydahlia
Currently Reading: Homo Deus
Bookshelf Size: 322
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-duskydahlia.html
Latest Review: How to Stop Binge Eating And Learn To Love Food Again by Rebecca L Robson

Post by duskydahlia »

Life ebbs and flows to the rhythm of joy, despair, luck and misfortune, a different combination for everyone — sometimes it can seem so entirely unfair that it is hard to believe that life is benevolent. One’s perspective, circumstances, continuous growth and shifts in mindset may lead one to finally experience the benevolence of life, or dwell in the cruelty of it all.
Kings1999
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kings1999.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Kings1999 »

An important thing I think matters is our attitude and direction. Life might not always seem to go as planned, but that could be as a result of our negative attitude towards some events that go on in our lives.
Mechito Mecherchito
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mechito-mecherchito.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Mechito Mecherchito »

Life is benevolent if you are benevolent. According to the book, life will give you what you say, because you are a maestro!
Madu Abigail
Currently Reading: The Unseelie Crown
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madu-abigail.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Madu Abigail »

Yes, life is kind but not balanced. While some people get more good than bad out of life, others get more bad than good out of life. But I think the bad times make us all appreciate and value the good times.
Iboro Donald
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iboro-donald.html
Latest Review: Women of Fire and Snow by Nati del Paso

Post by Iboro Donald »

I agree that life is benevolent. This is life works according to the way you design it to work for you. When you maximise your capacity, life adjusts and matches up with that capacity.
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

I agree with many responses here that life is what you make it out to be. I think we should not look at life to be fair but to be what it is. Expecting it to be kind and fair is, in a sense, deep entitlement. Two people can react to the same misfortune differently, which goes to emphasise the fact that life is as you make it to be.
llbain
Currently Reading: Kingdom of Ash
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-llbain.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by llbain »

Life is not always fair or kind. Sometimes things happen that seem to be punishment and are out of our control. It is my belief that we can use the power of our thoughts, actions and feelings to attract good and positive things from life. However, we will never transcend suffering, pain, death or any other negative feelings or emotions that typically make life seem unkind. There are positive and negative consequences for every action. Unfortunately many people suffer the consequences of the actions of others.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”