Life is benevolent. Do you agree?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Re: Life is benevolent. Do you agree?

Post by Black Jewel »

I do not believe that life is either kind, or not kind. It just is. Life is more or less what we choose to make of it.
Blucabana
Currently Reading: The girl that loved carravalagio
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blucabana.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Blucabana »

I think the benevolence of life is determined by the circumstances which a person is born into. However, I believe that a persons life is determined to a large extent by their thoughts and decisions.
Kehinde Hussein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kehinde-hussein.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Kehinde Hussein »

Life is not benevolent in my opinion. I believe is a matter of what you give in is actually what you get. Although, a little bit of luck plays out alongside this factor.
Yaninaninana
Currently Reading: A touch of Malice
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yaninaninana.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Yaninaninana »

For me, life is not kind. Life is a challenge, where you will face many obstacles you need to surpass in order to attain your goals. It is not kind to us, but we must be kind towards it. Because life is a gift, and a gift is full of surprises. We never know what is inside it, and we must be appreciative whatever it must be.
Reading_Jack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-jack.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Reading_Jack »

I'll say that life is fair. There are both negative and positive aspects and dare I say that an individual would experience both.
ShaniaGordon1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaniagordon1.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by ShaniaGordon1 »

Yes it is. It allows us to experience good and bad and let learn from it. Life is so much giving and no matter hoe hard is his tasks to us, life does not allow us to stumble. Life helps us to fight and be more stronger everyday.
Jatto Onimisi
Currently Reading: Shitolian
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jatto-onimisi.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Jatto Onimisi »

Life does its thing, we are just victims or benefactors of the turns of its tides.
Chiwendu Ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwendu-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chiwendu Ikechukwu »

In my opinion, life is not benevolent. However, as humans, we endeavour to cause so many positivities out of the daily negative events life offers.
Itz Savaga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-ukaegbu.html
Latest Review: Parent-Child Guide To Coping with Anxiety by Dessy Marinova

Post by Itz Savaga »

Life gives us what we are willing and daring enough to ask for. So, yes, I'll say life is kind to the demographic working the hardest and the smartest.
Janaatmosfera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janaatmosfera.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Janaatmosfera »

It is true that some aspects of life are unfortunate or just pure luck. But I believe that the energy and positivity you share comes back to you in the form of your changed attitude towards your experiences or simply as kindness from other people. What I noticed is that people are a lot of the time unnecessarily suspicious of others, but in reality, most of them don't want to hurt us. People usually hurt others when they themselves are hurt, and they are blinded by their rage or pity to notice their wrong-doings.
So to answer your question, life is benevolent, if we have the courage to see it as such.
TusharJoshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tusharjoshi.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by TusharJoshi »

I belive that it all depends upon our environment- both external and internal. I suppose that our short-term mood has a tendency to change the long term perspectives that we carry within ourselves!
Daniel Oluwabiyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-profeddy05.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Daniel Oluwabiyi »

Is life kind? Personally I believe life is kind during both good and bad times. This is because I enjoy the popular saying "Every cloud has a silver lining." However, some individual refuse to look at the positive aspect of every situation they find themselves in and end up believing life is not kind to them. Everyone gets different opportunities. All that matters is if you can recognise it.
Alexandur Gicov
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandur-gicov.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Alexandur Gicov »

There is no correct answer to such questions, but there are different points of view. Everyone sees life through their own eyes. Some see one thing, others another, and others a third. But after all, what is life really about? It depends more on how you live it than how you see it.
Pauls_
Currently Reading: A Dagger In The Heart
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul.html
Latest Review: Recognizing Beauty by Cyndi Burrough

Post by Pauls_ »

I can't really say life is kind. But I can say that life is balanced. The way life is fashioned, it is a mixture of the scorching sun and calming rain. Life hasn't been so nice to all of us. But most of it has been quite lovely.
haileygutierrez95
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haileygutierrez95.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by haileygutierrez95 »

Maybe not all the time. Sometimes life is so cruel that no matter how hard we try, we still can’t make it. No matter how struggling the situation is, it will still continue to punish. Hence, life is not always kind to me.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”