Success vs Humanity

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Ana C Barrantes
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-c-barrantes.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Re: Success vs Humanity

Post by Ana C Barrantes »

I believe true success affects not just you, but also the people around you. For me, activating the maestro and achieving my goals would include an improvement in the world and the people around me. I would not push people down to make my way in the world. Humanity and success operate hand in hand.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

I've been thinking about this statement; "Success vs Humanity." That's a great statement to ponder. Can success and humanity really have a 'versus' between them? Is "success" not humanity in action, when we get right down to it? Is "Humanity" not success in action, if we really think about it. Both are floating on the same stream of evolutionary energy, aye? I didn't mention this concept in my book, but it is worthy of attention in my next one. Thank you :) Rob
Jen Nghishitende
Currently Reading: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jen-nghishitende.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Jen Nghishitende »

Success can change us through the lessons we learn along the way but this change does not necessarily mean it's bad or that it makes one less humane.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

Indeed, Mahan, humanity seeks the truth about itself as we human beings seek the truth about ourselves. And when we get a glimpse of that truth it moves us to tears of joy. There is no ego, there is no negativity in the context of that truth we seek. Thank you for pointing that out. I hope my book helped you see that more clearly :) Rob
Chinaka94
Currently Reading: Making Her His
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaka94.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chinaka94 »

Success means different things to different people. People will become more of who they are when they achieve their goals, not just change.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Post by José Cortez »

First I believe that what success really means can be relative. That is very different from person to person. For me, the maestro, once unlocked like the author said would help one become a better human and a better person is always beneficial to humanity.
Rawdat George
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rawdat-george.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Rawdat George »

At the end of the day, it boils down to individual choices. Being a Maestro and successful can make you a monster if you choose to go down that path.

On the other hand, it can make you the best version of yourself. It depends hugely on your determination to be a good human being.
Joyce Nwaogazie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

The decision is always for the reader to make. This awesome book, The Maestro Monologue will make readers more human and make you look inward to find what you're doing wrong.
KafeliKe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kafelike.html
Latest Review: The Party Line by Dennis D. Gagnon

Post by KafeliKe »

This may sound tricky, but the maestro mindset, according to my understanding of contemporary society, leads to a wide range of behaviors among people. For example, it may have a positive impact on their values and cause them to become more human, but sometime, it may have a negative impact on their values and cause them to lose their values.
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

Indeed a great topic: Success and Humanity. You folks (members of onlinebookclub), have all been a demonstration, to me, of 'Success and Humanity.' Success is so much more than making money. You folks have made that wonderfully clear. Your successes touch me deeply. Thank you :) Rob author: The Maestro Monologue
Emmanuela Amasiobi
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuela-amasiobi.html
Latest Review: The Poison Of Perfection by Angela Wadley

Post by Emmanuela Amasiobi »

Success is just a part of our humanity and shouldn't change how we see others and our set principles.
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

Sometimes, success brings out who a person really is. To be humane is a choice. There's always the good side and the bad. Choose the one you can deal with without regrets.
Ikechukwu+12345
Currently Reading: TBD
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-12345.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Ikechukwu+12345 »

Personally, I see a big relationship between humanity and success. Humans can assist you to acquire that height you crave for. Most importantly, it is primarily about having the right set of humans around you.
Joan Aturinda
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joan-aturinda.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Joan Aturinda »

This debate came up as i was reading. However i must simply say that whether one decides to be humane or not entirely depends on individual choices. One can achieve great success and still have the humanity aspect.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

What you said is true, success changes people and it’s up to us to maintain our stand in whatever value we have before our success.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”