"All children intuitively know they are overflowing with talent and oozing with potential..."

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Clueless & Headstrong by Eyvonne Black

Re: "All children intuitively know they are overflowing with talent and oozing with potential..."

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

Until something happens that alters their perception of an activity, all children have a talent for it. Every youngster has the capacity to be "excellent" at any activity, but a real skill only emerges with repetition.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

I played football when I was a kid in my neighborhood, and I thought I was the best of my friends. I did some drawing and art. I thought I was talented and felt like a free bird. However, as life gets busier and you have to face more challenges, you start to doubt your talent. However, I believe that the environment has more of an impact than your mind.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

I wholeheartedly agree that youngsters are constantly being creative, joyful, and full of promise. However, something occurs, something is spoken, the bubble pops, and what happens to all that potential?
Kebun Bunga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: The Successful Business Startup Action Guide by Husam S. AlSaleh

Post by Kebun Bunga »

The quote suggests that children naturally believe in their abilities and potential, but as they grow older, various factors diminish their self-confidence. This is relatable because setbacks, criticism, and societal expectations often make us doubt our innate capabilities. I have my experiences or emotions as a child, and having a child; I understand the power of literature to inspire introspection. If "The Maestro Monologue" helped you rediscover your inner child, it likely provided insights and perspectives that resonated with your journey. It might have encouraged you to reflect on your childhood dreams and reignite belief in your talents and potential. Rediscovering our inner child involves reconnecting with our authentic selves and embracing our unique gifts. It reminds us to approach life with curiosity and explore new possibilities. While I haven't read the book, I understand the concept and its value. Literature can catalyze self-reflection, helping us rekindle our belief in our abilities and potential. By embracing our talents, we can create a more meaningful existence.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”