"All children intuitively know they are overflowing with talent and oozing with potential..."

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Tessy Bullion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tessy-bullion.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Re: "All children intuitively know they are overflowing with talent and oozing with potential..."

Post by Tessy Bullion »

I agree with the quote you provided. Moreover, I would be lying if I said that this book did not help me discover my inner child. It made me realized that I have missed it so much.
Cocobutta
Currently Reading: Hidden Current
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cocobutta.html

Post by Cocobutta »

It’s amazing how when you are a child you believe you can do anything as long as you set your mind to it. The world feels like it belongs to you and is yours for the taking but as we get older, we get more cynical, doubt ourselves more, etc. it’s important to stay connected to that inner child that believes that we are good enough.
Julia_Review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julia-review.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Julia_Review »

As kids we are discovering the world without predetermined beliefs. As we grow up, we fall in the comparison trap and begin to divide things in useful or not, trendy or not. And sometimes our talents just do not seem so attractive anymore.
Faatimah Noormahomed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faatimah-noormahomed.html
Latest Review: Karrana by Anne Skyvington
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Faatimah Noormahomed »

I definitely think it's true! As children all we want to do is explore and learn new things. I think at some point we become conscious of the fact that we are being studied and judged by others, and this affects how we learn and what we believe we can do.
The Nabongos Duchess
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-nabongos-duchess.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by The Nabongos Duchess »

It's true that kids are maestros.They have so much in their inside and nothing holds them back when it comes to expressing it.Once they grow up and the intruders come in they forget about it.
Mary Lou Mills
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: The Buffalo Soldier
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-lou-mills.html
Latest Review: Affliction: Growing Up With a Closeted Gay Dad by Laura Hall
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Mary Lou Mills »

Whenever I see the word 'all' my mind wanders to look for the exception. I do have to agree though that children are hopeful and I'd like to give them more hope. Wouldn't it be wonderful if all children were born into a welcoming, secure environment?
Joanne Ike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joanne-ike.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Joanne Ike »

What a line! Whenever I ponder on how my life shaped itself to be what it is now, this very quote is the perfect explanation. It was nice to make the discovery that I am not alone in this. I don't know about others but this line describes me. As a child, I just knew I was meant for something great. I was going to be a writer and I think I wasn't terrible at it. But alas, life happens. Well-meaning people throw unsolicited advice your way and tell you to grow up. At some point, I guess you do. That desire for greatness just transforms into regret and then dulls over time.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Post by Hager Salem »

I like that children would have no limits in their dreams, But I also believe that dreams change with age. not only the ability to courageously dream, But the nature of the dreams. Mostly the person gets to know himself better and redirects himself according to that.
Agbata Donald 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-donald-1.html

Post by Agbata Donald 1 »

Yh
It is 100% correct. Children will want to be whatever thing they are ok with. But the truth is that, while they grow, they will begin understand the reality of life. And so, they will do away those thoughts
Thompson Grace
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thompson-grace.html
Latest Review: Give insomnia the finger by Dr Feel Good

Post by Thompson Grace »

I agree with that. Children have a lot of unique talents, potential, and skills. But they don't necessarily forget it but there is no one to guide them through the process, I would say.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

I agree with this. I am once a child and I've been teaching children. I discovered that children do believe that they can achieve anything, especially those things the people before them lack in their lives. This child mentality is very necessary for a solid foundation against tomorrow's challenge, and parents need to identify the area a child is oozing confidence and provide the necessary resources to aid the development of that talent. This book provoked deep thought indeed. Thanks to the author!
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

This is true. Back then as children, we ooze with a lot of talents and the possibility of becoming anything we want. As we grow older and face our lives realities some ambitions begin to drop. this book helps me to discover these and I can now find myself where I can regain the age-long talent and passion in me.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

Personally, I know it’s true. When we are children, we believe we will become this and that because we know we are capable, then challenges came on, we forgot about it. This is where the actions of intentional parents come in.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

Personally, I know it’s true. When we are children, we believe we will become this and that because we know we are capable, then challenges came on, we forgot about it. This is where the actions of intentional parents come in.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

The choices seem limitless to children because, in my opinion, they are so accustomed to being asked what they want to be when they grow up.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”