"You don't live 'in the world', but rather you've created a world that lives in you..."

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Rose Tamuno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-tamuno.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Re: "You don't live 'in the world', but rather you've created a world that lives in you..."

Post by Rose Tamuno »

Amanda Pearcy wrote: 02 Jun 2022, 14:28 This quote is insightful and really brings together what the book is about. We make our own worlds based on our viewpoints, beliefs, and perspectives. How we view our world is how we live in that world. If we view that world as judgemental, we take steps to protect ourselves such as by staying quiet and not expressing our thoughts and feelings or avoiding people and conflict at all costs.
How we view the world will even fit a range of success in life. That has been the very secret just has catapulted me to where I am today.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

Although I don't agree totally with this quotes due to several other things that are factors that govern our world or affect our existence as humans. But, going by the theme of this book I agree with the quote.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

We are the products of the things we put into our lives, so I wholeheartedly concur with this quote. Nothing worthwhile happens by chance; it takes time to develop capacity.
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Jason's Magic Journeys by Sylvia Hebden

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

Many people frequently discover themselves in a universe apart from our own. Some people are not really alive, just existing without anything to project outward, created by the world they find themselves in.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

Naturally, I concur that we are accountable for our circumstances. Everything that occurs in our environment is a direct effect of the decisions we take. In our minds, we all reflect one another. In other words, rather of living in the world, you actually make it.
Khasheem
Currently Reading: Prince of Fools
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khasheem.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Khasheem »

The World we create is essentially our perception and bias. Changing that is powerful yes, but our world is not entirely the one we live in. The actual world influences us too, not to mention has its own set perceptions, rules, and standards. It would be more accurate to say that we live in an intersection of these worlds, which automatically makes each person's world unique.
Monica Omonigho Bennymoore
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monica-omonigho-bennymoore.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Monica Omonigho Bennymoore »

I quite agree with the quote. Because the world mirrors back to us our thoughts. And our thoughts create our world. The future is now as what we think now is what manifests in the future.
Currently Reading:

Rob White wrote:
You don't live "in the world," but rather you've created a world that lives in you, and what you understand about your world is always congruent with what you understand about yourself.
Currently Reading:

It is true that the image we have of our self is what is mirrored back to us. I totally agree with the saying and this is something i have been working on for my self. Seeing it iterated in the story is only a mark of conviction that our self image is who we become. it reminds me of the saying as a man thinketh so is he.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

I see why this is the case. Every person is unique. Everyone of us has a unique role to play, outlook on life, and state of mind. According to Proverbs 23:7, a man is what he thinks. Someone else might have made different decisions if they had lived my precise life. This is the world that I have crafted out of my anxieties, passion, and other factors. So, I do believe this to be the case.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”