"You don't live 'in the world', but rather you've created a world that lives in you..."

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Leslie Kunde
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: All Souls Trilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leslie-kunde.html
Latest Review: The Fantastical Keys of Darius Newton Archibank by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Re: "You don't live 'in the world', but rather you've created a world that lives in you..."

Post by Leslie Kunde »

This very quote sticks in my mind. I go back and read it over every time I feel my world tilting.
Julia_Review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julia-review.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Julia_Review »

I agree. We see in the world what we carry ourselves; we can never perceive it fully.
Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Of All Faiths & None
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-felix-mnjala-maneno.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno »

I wholly agree with this. A negative person will always always see the negative around them, while someone who is inherently positive will always see the positive things around them. If you set up yourself for failure, say believing you'll forget the words to a speech you are about to give, chances are you'll most likely forget them.
The Nabongos Duchess
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-nabongos-duchess.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by The Nabongos Duchess »

I think I am in agreement with this.Just like in computers what you see is what you get so is to us human that what comes out of us is what dwells in the inside.
June Moon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-june-moon.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by June Moon »

I found this to be true and realistic. Everyone has their own perception and outlook on the world. We all have created different versions of the same thing, even life. Something that we might like isn't necessarily liked by the others. But one should not change their own opinion regarding it. So we create our own comfort zone, our own life and we try to live in it as peacefully as possible.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Post by Hager Salem »

Yes, I believe each of us has his own view of the world, we see the world through our eyes and vision, and through what's going on inside us.
Versaty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-versaty.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Versaty »

i truly agree and cherishd this knowledge—it is enlightening. I've come to understand why each individual have and carry opinions of matter in a way unique to them. That is why if someone give his/her opinion about a deliberated issue, he/she would have to logically explain the rationale behind his/her opinion.
Crabby69
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crabby69.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Crabby69 »

I will say the quote is true if the author meant that the world created doesn't necessarily mean is by the individual. If it does mean that we are not in the world but we in the world created inside us, i totally agree. Environment, how life uniquely treat us and how we respond to the treatment, trying solving the problems that come our way are all what can create a world inside us.
Agbata Donald 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-donald-1.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Agbata Donald 1 »

This quote is handicapped. Some are able to create the world they lie in due to their privrlledge. Allot of people have pictured their world but cannot get to it due to condition mm
Thompson Grace
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thompson-grace.html
Latest Review: Give insomnia the finger by Dr Feel Good

Post by Thompson Grace »

Yeah I can liken this concept to Karma. Though creating a positive world could be very demanding and requires a lot of sacrifices.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

very true! I agree that the unique world where each of us lives accounts for why we approach things differently and things happen to each of us differently.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

This is true. each human being representss a unique world. This unique world of an individual is built over time by many factors in the person's life. Hence, when the world is created he lives inside the world.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

I agree with this. Our outer world is a reflection of what’s going on inside of us. If our inner world; our mind and head is calm, this is what we tend to project.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

I believe the quote strongly. The world we live in is created by us; either intentionally or otherwise. Having this at the back of our mind will help us to create a world that will be supportive of what we want to be in life.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

I totally agree with this quote. It we must change the world, we must first change things about ourselves that we’ve created in our own little world.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”