"You don't live 'in the world', but rather you've created a world that lives in you..."

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

"You don't live 'in the world', but rather you've created a world that lives in you..."

Post by Scott »

I highlighted this text from page 9 of The Maestro Monologuee by Rob White as something with I wholeheartedly agree:
Rob White wrote:You don't live "in the world," but rather you've created a world that lives in you, and what you understand about your world is always congruent with what you understand about yourself.

It can be no other way--your world is a mirror! It continually validates your opinions about yourself by reflecting back to you what you are projecting outwardly.
Do you also agree? If not, why not?
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

As I wrote this book, it became quickly apparent to me that the conversations I have with myself about myself, and the conversation I have with myself about myself in the world - that, in those instances... gives me my world. Sounds repetitive? it's profound.

I am always talking to myself, as are you. And what do I talk to myself about? I talk to myself about me in this world in which I live... and I talk to myself about the people I live with in this world... and that combination of conversations give me the kind of people (as I see it), that I live with in the world, and the kind of world I live in.

Hence, I create my world with the conversations I have with myself! If I change the conversations, my world changes. How powerful am I? How powerful are you :) This, right here is a great topic of conversation. Rob
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

If I may interject, as the author of this book, once again :) There are seven billion human beings on this planet. Hence there are seven billion different worlds that we live in. Each of us lives in our own unique world. The worlds may be similar to other worlds, that other people live in, BUT no one lives in a world exactly like the world you have created for yourself. That is truly worth pondering.
Favour Ojonugwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-ojonugwa.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Favour Ojonugwa »

Yes I agree, when you look into a mirror is what you see yourself to be, that reflect to you. In order words you don't live in the world, you create the world you live in
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

Thank you, all of you members of the onlinebookclub for creating a world of acceptance and joy... where all members are invited to enter this world. You have proven that with all of your comments about my book this month. You folks are a contribution to humanity (the whole human family), and you demonstrated it perfectly with all of your comments this month. Thank you :) Rob author: The Maestro Monologue
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Essy Nma »

I agree with this quote because we are products of what we put into life. Nothing good comes as an accident but as a result of building capacity for some time.
Emmanuela Amasiobi
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuela-amasiobi.html
Latest Review: The Poison Of Perfection by Angela Wadley

Post by Emmanuela Amasiobi »

I totally agree. That's why I often try to live according to my terms and principles and completely respect people's opinions and principles.
Amanda Pearcy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-pearcy.html
Latest Review: One If by Carol B Allen

Post by Amanda Pearcy »

This quote is insightful and really brings together what the book is about. We make our own worlds based on our viewpoints, beliefs, and perspectives. How we view our world is how we live in that world. If we view that world as judgemental, we take steps to protect ourselves such as by staying quiet and not expressing our thoughts and feelings or avoiding people and conflict at all costs.
Penny Ann Criswell Johnson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Totem
Currently Reading: Snatched up to heaven
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-ann-criswell-johnson.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Penny Ann Criswell Johnson »

I can see how this is true. No two people are alike. We all have a different role to play, perspective on life and our own minds. As a man thinks so is he Proverbs 23:7. If someone had my exact life they may have done things differently. This is the wold I have created by my fears, passion, and more. So yes I can see this to be true.
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Alice Fu »

I agree to a certain extent. It is true that the way we percieve the world and what the world means to us would represent the world we made that lives in us, but at the same time, the statement feels a bit egotistical which makes it harder to agree and jump behind the train on.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

I relate so well to this quote because I strongly believe that the world is neither good nor bad. Everything is simply a creation formed from your thoughts and how you react to certain situations and events. So nothing has any meaning, just the meaning you give to it.
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
fav_author_id: 3039

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

"Your thoughts make the world you live in." Yes, it is egoistic. Maybe one should consider the thoughts of family members and friends also.
Almira789
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-almira789.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Almira789 »

This really sounds metaphorical and deep, but I agree with this assertion. We are indeed not living in this world, but we created a world that lives in us. I applaud Rob for this food of thought, as it will definitely compel you to ponder heavily and think about our most accurate purposes in life.
Bernard Udofia
Favorite Author: Biz Stone
Currently Reading: Things a Little Bird Told Me: Confessions of the Creative Mind
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bernard-udofia.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright
fav_author_id: 72309

Post by Bernard Udofia »

Scott wrote: 26 May 2022, 12:52 I highlighted this text from page 9 of The Maestro Monologuee by Rob White as something with I wholeheartedly agree:
Rob White wrote:You don't live "in the world," but rather you've created a world that lives in you, and what you understand about your world is always congruent with what you understand about yourself.

It can be no other way--your world is a mirror! It continually validates your opinions about yourself by reflecting back to you what you are projecting outwardly.
Do you also agree? If not, why not?
I don't think I fully agreed with this statement. Yes, I agree that many times the way you see the world comes from your innate perception of yourself. But make no mistake, we do "live in the world as well." There are many instances I'm sure we can point to where external influences helped to shape how we think about some aspect of ourselves or our world.

So the way you see things is powerful, but it's not the only reason you see the world the way you do. Influences from outside yourself have something to say about it as well.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I don't totally agree with this. Often times many find themselves in a world far away from world itself. The environment we find our self sometimes create us.Some are not even living but existing with nothing to project out.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”