"You don't live 'in the world', but rather you've created a world that lives in you..."

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Re: "You don't live 'in the world', but rather you've created a world that lives in you..."

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

I agree with this. You can learn to control how things work rather than taking whatever life has to ever. Discipline is something that would give you an edge over everyone else.
itsme_shahi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itsme-shahi.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by itsme_shahi »

It is correct to a great extent because we create the dimensions of our life on our own. Our experiences manifest themselves as stepping stones as we move along the journey of life. Thus, we create the world that we live in through our perspectives and experiences and our actions in turn shape our life.
Okorji98
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okorji98.html
Latest Review: The Reason Under fire by Abdulmouti Souwed

Post by Okorji98 »

Yes, indeed I do believe that our external realities heavily reflect and are influenced by our internal realities. To this effect the world outside is a mirror of all the things we believe.
Prosper2000
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prosper2000.html

Post by Prosper2000 »

It is true that the way we perceive the world defines the reality around us. Grow up with a negative mindset and you end up always seeing the negative in everything.
Wildflowertheorist
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildflowertheorist.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Wildflowertheorist »

Yes, I agree. I think therefore I am. Maybe if I think not then I am not what am. Same goes to the world which we reside in. If say, for me things work the way I understand, then for you it will not be the same. So it's all around you or ignoring you, as you want it to be. It's all in your mind.
"When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Post by OTrain Disene »

No, I don't agree to it. There is something as physical world, and that is the world we all live in. We are all living in it. I think believing that the world is living in you that's branching in the world fantasy than living to physical world, which can be dangerous as the lines can be blurred.
Lulu Efobi
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gathy-eyam-frank.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Lulu Efobi »

The quote is inspiring and very relatable. I agree with Rob. I believe we can do anything we choose to once we understand life principles
Loniya Chabili Mubanga
Currently Reading: The sea keepers daughter
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loniya-chabili-mubanga.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Loniya Chabili Mubanga »

Scott wrote: 26 May 2022, 12:52 I highlighted this text from page 9 of The Maestro Monologuee by Rob White as something with I wholeheartedly agree:
Rob White wrote:You don't live "in the world," but rather you've created a world that lives in you, and what you understand about your world is always congruent with what you understand about yourself.

It can be no other way--your world is a mirror! It continually validates your opinions about yourself by reflecting back to you what you are projecting outwardly.
Do you also agree? If not, why not?
I definitely will be musing over this quote. It's very insightful and powerful. It totally gives me a whole new perspective on life. I agree too. So many points can be drawn just from this alone.
Aditya_khadanga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditya-khadanga.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by Aditya_khadanga »

I think this line portrays some of us very well, yet some may feel this is just some random thing they don't relate to, but I think it's partially right and partially wrong. We do create the world we live in but sometimes we got to get outside and enter into someone else's world to have a different perspective in life.
Nessa Taylor
Favorite Author: Charles Townsend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nessa-taylor.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale
fav_author_id: 232651

Post by Nessa Taylor »

I agree with this. No two people have the same view of the world, so our perspective of the world is truly a reflection of our personas. However, that view can also be shaped by external people closest to us.
Ammarah Azhar Khan
Favorite Author: Sarah J. Maas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ammarah-azhar-1.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 2719

Post by Ammarah Azhar Khan »

Yes I agree. I think that once you stop underestimating your worth , you truly begin to shine. I want to make this line my mantra . Self doubt kills you more times than any embarrassment can.
Matilda jack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matilda-jack.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by Matilda jack »

I agree with Rob's word because it is reality. We live in the world that we create for ourselves, and it implies that our outcomes are dependent on the choices we make. If we make good choices, it creates a world where we reap the benefits of our choices.
Reading_Jack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-jack.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Reading_Jack »

This is very true. One of my mentor would say, "cut your coat according to the size you want it to be and fit into it." You have the ability to create the kind of life you desire.
Jatto Onimisi
Currently Reading: Shitolian
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jatto-onimisi.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Jatto Onimisi »

The world we live in is the effect of everyone, of our thoughts and actions, yet we individually have subjective worlds of our own construct, in our heads. The world we create by our thought determine our behaviour and the people we accept into our lives. Thus, there are infinite number of worlds that can be created and which we can live in. Still, there's only one objective world, and our collective presence gives it life.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html

Post by Olomofe »

Our different world tells how we see life differently. And the point to live happy life is to trully be aware of our world and let our outer world respect our choice. That is we live by our terms and respect other people's choices

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”