Has anyone switch fully to eBook/iPad reading?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
amansmith
Favorite Author: Patricia Briggs
Favorite Book: Alpha and Omega and Highland Moonlight
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amansmith.html
Latest Review: "My Journey To Hell (Novelette)" by John D.Ottini
fav_author_id: 4314

Re: Has anyone switch fully to eBook/iPad reading?

Post by amansmith »

I have fully switched to e-books. I held out for a long time and just started reading e-books at the end of last year. My problem is that I only have one book store where I live and they don't keep things very up to date. Therefore, I was forced to buy my books online and after everything it is just easier to buy an e-book and download them to my iPad or iPhone.
Latest Review: "My Journey To Hell (Novelette)" by John D.Ottini
Lilianar_
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilianar.html

Post by Lilianar_ »

I love my Kindle fire touch ! Its so convenient but I would NEVER NEVER NEVER give up paper books all together. I love paperbacks so much. I love holding them and smelling them.
daisymae07

Post by daisymae07 »

Definitely! I never thought I'd give up books, but having them all on one device? Priceless. I can borrow library books and magazines, get free e books on amazon, or buy any book I want, instantly. It is the most amazing thing for a book lover!
salberson 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salberson-10.html

Post by salberson 10 »

I switched fully. I love being able to get a new book any time I want. I thought I would miss bending the book, but the nook is just too convenient.
Lilianar_
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilianar.html

Post by Lilianar_ »

I have a kindle and I love it ! I have the kindle app on my iphone and laptop as well. I thinks its convenient, but I would never truly switch over from paper books completely.
Ms silver snowflake
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: If i tell u i will have 2 kill u
Currently Reading: The History Of Love
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by Ms silver snowflake »

i have e-book reader and Wattpad on my android so its like carrying my own library in my pocket(or in my hands, or whatever)! unlike some who complain about irritation in eyes after hours of reading an ebook, i feel totally comfortable, rather it gives an extra amount of ease because
1.)there's no need for carrying bookmarks everywhere(and eventually losing them in the process)
2.)night lamps not required which makes the reading a secretive 'n' mysterious activity
3.)can fake texting in awkward situations when in reality you're just reading a mind-blowing book
4.)you start reading end number of books in a month or so which was not really possible with paperback books
DickDatchery
Favorite Author: Shakespeare
Favorite Book: Crime and Punishment [Dostoevsky]
Currently Reading: The Bleeding Edge [Pynchon]
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dickdatchery.html
Latest Review: "XIANNE" by Jayce Grayson
fav_author_id: 9655

Post by DickDatchery »

I don't think I will ever fully switch over because I just love the physical feel and smell of a book. An e-reader, not so much. However, since I've gotten a tablet and had more experience with e-books, my tolerance for them has increased greatly. For books I am not certain I will like or for those that I have trouble finding any other way , an e-reader is now my preferred choice.
Latest Review: "XIANNE" by Jayce Grayson
SidnayC
Favorite Book: I am yet to read a book worthy
Currently Reading: Inescapable by Amy Bartol
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sidnayc.html
Latest Review: "Vampire prince" by Iris van Gorp

Post by SidnayC »

I have completely switched to this. I no longer remember how it feels to hold a book in my hands and read it for hours on hands.
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you - Maya Angelou
Latest Review: "Vampire prince" by Iris van Gorp
raindropwriter
Favorite Author: Sophie Kinsella
Favorite Book: Twenties Girl
Currently Reading: Strugling for Justice
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raindropwriter.html
Latest Review: "A Happy Accident" by Evan Tyler
fav_author_id: 2960

Post by raindropwriter »

Yes me! I read ebooks only nowadays. It is more convenient.
Latest Review: "A Happy Accident" by Evan Tyler
PashaRu
Currently Reading: Vicars of Christ - The Dark Side of the Papacy
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pasharu.html
Latest Review: "Damn Females on the Lawn" by Rachel Hurd

Post by PashaRu »

I do about 75% of my reading on an e-reader these days. I switch between a Kindle, Kindle Fire, and iPad. If I'm studying something or need/want to make notes, then I read an actual paper book, as I find it much easier. (No, I don't think it's sacrilegious to write in a book if it belongs to me. I find that notion rather silly.) I don't need to "feel the paper" and "turn the pages." An e-reader is, most of the time, much more convenient.

I wonder if, a few generations into the future, paper books will be as obsolete as videocassettes, 8-track tapes, portable transistor radios, etc.?
Last edited by PashaRu on 13 Jul 2014, 13:41, edited 2 times in total.
[Insert quote here. Read. Raise an eyebrow. Be mildly amused. Rinse & repeat.]
Latest Review: "Damn Females on the Lawn" by Rachel Hurd
Hannaa_Campbell
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: The Fault in Our Stars
Currently Reading: Fangirl
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannaa-campbell.html
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by Hannaa_Campbell »

I'm pro physical book.
"Pain demands to be felt" - John Green
suedidit
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suedidit.html

Post by suedidit »

When I first got my Kindle 3 yrs ago from my son for a Xmas present, I was fluctuating between paperbacks/hardbacks and my Kindle, now, I just love my Paper white Kindle and wouldn't have it any other way
erasmus
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erasmus.html
Latest Review: "Torn Between" by Karen A Miles
Reading Device: B00GQDBS7O

Post by erasmus »

I might get an e-book because it's not published in paperback, but I'm not a believer of digital reading. I like the feel of a paperback and I love admiring a beautiful hardcover. However, with how my school is requiring students to get a tablet for their online study programmes/digital textbooks, I don't think I have a choice but to partially convert to digital reading.
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Latest Review: "Torn Between" by Karen A Miles
sicsempertyrannis93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sicsempertyrannis93.html

Post by sicsempertyrannis93 »

There's nothing like the feel of a book in my hand. That being said, there's nothing like being able to download any book I want and read it instantly. I can't switch fully and probably never will, but I've found a nice balance in between.
Mmissyrea

Post by Mmissyrea »

I don't use anything but my ipad. It is much easier for the to change font, colors, brightness, etc. my mom is just the opposite. She would rather have paper books. Her closet is full of books. I love the fact I have no problem with storage... She does..

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”