E-readers vs tablets for kids and other ereader questions to think about?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
David Tutor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-tutor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Re: E-readers vs tablets for kids and other ereader questions to think about?

Post by David Tutor »

Waterstar0610 wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 12:32 Hi everyone, when my husband and i eventually have kids we certainly are going to pass on a love of reading to them, but here is the question, eventually they will want a gizmo of their own so tablet, kids tablet, or e-reader? which is best? which type of e-reader is best? do they make e-readers especially for kids? also do you think that e-readers are hurting or helping kids love of reading? reading for pleasure and fun is so important. it teaches patience, self entertainment and self soothing skills, short and long term memory skills,vocabulary skills, comprehension and imagination. so so so important. how do we as a society get kids to read and enjoy it instead of being on their various gizmos so connected, yet so disconnected from themselves and others? do you think e-readers help bridge that gap? do you think a child can read too much? Food for thought :) :D :tiphat:
I think kids should be given actual books. Take their eyes from the screen for a minute.
abhilashrao1987
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by abhilashrao1987 »

I would prefer tablets over e-readers as they have more flexibility to use and also features.
Sameeha Ismail
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Jane Austen at Home
Bookshelf Size: 232
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sameeha-ismail.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sameeha Ismail »

I feel Children should start their reading journey with actual books and not eBooks. Maybe after they are in middle grade they can have ereaders. Not when they have not even finished their Kindergarten.
One book, printed in the heart's own wax Is worth a thousand in the stacks.
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Hattie's World by Thomas Bauer

Post by Ika Apro »

I think kids should be given physical books so their eyes can perceive better and connect with the stories, but if it comes to e-readers, kindle is better I'd say.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”