Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
caspir123
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by caspir123 »

I like both but sometimes i refer to paper book more than eBook cause i can't just sit and look in a book reader it will be good if i read paper book more than eBook..
casper
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-casper.html
Latest Review: "The Sanctuary" by Cassandra R. Siddons

Post by casper »

I have to say that I was among the ebook resistant until I was given a kindle last year. I love the feel and look of a good old-fashioned paper book and I will never replace my 'library'; some books deserve to be in hard copy! However, I have been converted to the advantages of the ebook; I have to travel a lot so the size is a great advantage and now I never run out of something to read while I'm away; I have bad eyesight, so being able to change the font and background is great. At present I live abroad and getting hold of books in English is quite a challenge, but with an ebook there is endless choice and I don't have to wait weeks for them to arrive by post.
So I shall sit on the fence and say I enjoy both forms, each has its own valuable place; I don't think they are interchangeable - it's a bit like comparing a live concert with an mp3 file.
Latest Review: "The Sanctuary" by Cassandra R. Siddons
katkahab

Post by katkahab »

I love buying a new book. I love the smell o its paper. And I love my bookshelf full of books. But I travel a lot as well and its not possible to bring a thick book with me every time. So I have Kindle as well. Its great for travelling! but I am not sure its great for my eyes as well...Each has its positives and negatives...
Wendychang

Post by Wendychang »

I have been resisting the temptation to get an e-reader. I just love the tactile feel and smell of a book and the sound of pages turning. I love reading in bed and balancing the book on my collarbone. I love turning the pages and seeing the progress. I love looking at the books on my shelves, a history of what I have read and what is on my list. You can't do that with a e-book reader. And I hate reading off of screens anyway. I don't care how close they think it looks like print, but it never truly does. To me, the type is just that--computer type. I hate the idea of using a button to turn a page. Or the risk of a battery running out. Still, I do like the idea of having a lot of books on an easy-to-use device so I'm sure on my next vacation I'll probably cave in and get one. :D
Sheryl_Gonzalez

Post by Sheryl_Gonzalez »

This is a topic I would like to hear feedback on. I want to do the paper version and book but my friends say paper books are a waste of time publishing these days. I don't feel that way. What do u all think?
9bit
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: 1984
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by 9bit »

Both formats have their place in the world.

E-book readers offer unparalleled convenience: the ability to carry with you literally thousands of books in a very small package. The Kindle's e-ink technology is fantastic now. These are great for obtaining rare or hard-to-find books since you don't need to track down physical copies.

Traditional paper books offer a more sensory experience and can be displayed on shelves as a proud collection.

My sister hates the idea of e-book readers. It somehow offends her sensibility as some kind of "traditionalist." It's unfortunate that she'll miss out on some works (that may be available only via e-reader) by being unable to adapt to a changing world.

Paper books will probably never go away. All I'm saying is there is a place for both formats and they are both important. If e-readers get the kids reading more, how can you possibly find issue with that?
abk4lizife

Post by abk4lizife »

I grew up with paper back books. I was against ereaders and ebooks for as long as I can remember. Just recently, after receiving an iPad for my bday, I have come to terms with ebooks. They are very convenient for on the go reading. I still enjoy collecting paper backs for my bookshelf at home. The feel of turning pages, placing homemade bookmarks in pages just cannot be replicated with ebooks virtual reality.
newmand24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-newmand24.html

Post by newmand24 »

I'm going with the paper book. The feeling I get when I walk into a bookstore is like no other. I could get lost in there for hours. Not the same online.
Mystic
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mystic.html

Post by Mystic »

I love kindle on my tablet. It,s cheaper, you can get loads of free or. 99 cent books, it,s instant, it saves trees, it doesn,t clutter, and you can read in bed without a light. No more crumpled pages.
kshayewhite221

Post by kshayewhite221 »

Reading is my passion and growing up, I could not buy enough books. They completely took over my room! Throw them away??? Never! Not even if I hated it or read it a million times. Fast forward a few years and in prances a brand new e reader which I named Keneas Awesome Kindle. And awesome it was! Paper back book you say? Could I please have it in e book form? I now refuse to buy or read a paperback book. And my room is book clutter free. #teamkindle
bookholic
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookholic.html

Post by bookholic »

I like paper book more than ebook..........the rustic fragrance cannot be replaced by an ebook. Also no matter where you are, you can always take out your book & read on, which is sometimes difficult with an ebook. So my vote definitely goes to paper book
Anisrok

Post by Anisrok »

I prefer e-books only.. you can take this books to anywhere without hassels.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Hi,
I prefer paper books than ebooks. I feel happy and joyful, and eager to read whenever I smell the pages of the new book in my hands. However, I don't mind new technologies, so I have always my kindle in my purse. Natasha
thea

Post by thea »

I tend to agree and would never have imagined buying an ebook reading device - However since publishing a book in the e-format I have suddenly changed my mind!
skinny_bones4

Post by skinny_bones4 »

I used to be a huge physical book fan. But I got the nook for the convince, and I love it! I can read so much faster, and it is saving me paper and the fees to have books shipped to me. It's going to, if not already, revolutionizing the way people read books.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”