Do you have a Nook or a Kindle? Why?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.

Do you have a Nook or a Kindle?

I have a Nook.
20%
I have a Kindle.
63%
I have a different e-reader.
9%
I do not have an e-reader.
8%

Total votes: 232

josephkeith
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Do you have a Nook or a Kindle? Why?

Post by josephkeith »

Kindle. Easy on the eyes. Amazon purchases download immediately.
sunndbar
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunndbar.html

Post by sunndbar »

I have a Nook & I'm obsessed with it. I was always so opposed to e readers, that is until I happened to flip by QVC & saw the Nook. After that night I couldn't get it out of my head and ordered it. Needless to say, I'm a convert now!
carrie008

Post by carrie008 »

I have a kindle and I love it. It broke once about 11 months after I got it so it was still in warranty and Amazon were very helpful, they sent a new one out straight away and I had a month to return the other one. The screen looks just like paper. I still read real books sometimes but the kindle is brilliant for traveling and commuting.
truliefree
Bookshelf Size: 1
Latest Review: "Tough Girl" by Libby Heily

Post by truliefree »

I have a Kindle Fire. We bought it because my son has been in the hospital alot since his birth 2 years ago because of a birth defect called Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. We needed something with that I could put in a packpack and use to stay in touch with family, social networking, blogging, watch movies on and read. I love it. I use it for everything
Latest Review: "Tough Girl" by Libby Heily
brtn2893
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brtn2893.html

Post by brtn2893 »

I have had my Nook Color for a few years now and I absolutely love it. I picked the Nook because of the ease of use at Barnes and Noble. I enjoyed the fact that I could physically bring it into the store to ask them questions about it should a problem arise. The only drawback that I have found is that some of my more obscure authors don't show up in ebook format right away so I have to venture to other sites to procure them.
serelonde
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serelonde.html

Post by serelonde »

I have a kindle. I actually have two. I have a first gen. That I got for xmas, and a kindle touch also for xmas(by someone who didn't know I already had a regular kindle). That's pretty much why I have the kindle. It was the first one out with the low glare electric paper/ink surface, it has the battery life of a deep space satellite, and my massmarkets are at least a dollar cheaper on kindle than in print.
I still prefer print books though.
firedancer1066

Post by firedancer1066 »

I have a Kindle, got it by default. My daughter bought it for college then decided she didn't need it and passed it to me. I never thought I would like a digital book. I was a die hard actual book person. But have to say I do enjoy the convenience of the Kindle. It's major flaw for me is that I can't read the Kindle Fire outside in the sunlight. So, I am seriously considering buying a paperwhite. I still bring out the old paper favorites to re-read.

The storage factor is important too since I am totally out of room for paper books (not that I have quit buying them). But a least most new books can be stored on my Kindle or computer.
Wreade1872

Post by Wreade1872 »

I have the old Sony-505 which i love, its grey background and large font size make it so much easier on the eyes then paper. I refused to get a kindle after i heard they had their own proprietary ebook format. Also i don't like being online anymore than i have to be and wanted a fully offline reader. I could have got a sony-touch but also hate touchscreen, my ereader gets dirty enough without me touching the screen it would be a total mess if i had to keep poking it.

The sony-505 comes with this really nice thick brown leather cover, when you open it it feels like the reader is something steampunk :lol. Then if you take it out of the cover the incredibly cold solid metal makes it seem like the most futuristic thing i've ever seen, its so solid you could bludgeon several people to death with it without doing it any damage.
Only downside is its a little slow to turnpages, not sure how the Nook or Kindle are at that maybe when it breaks i might check one of the others out.
countrygirl_38

Post by countrygirl_38 »

I have a Kindle. I obtained it as a Christmas gift from my husband. I do a lot of business with Amazon, so I was more familiar with the Kindle then the Nook. I enjoy owning a Kindle for the convenience that it brings as I can go places and have access to reading the books of my choice now.
np531jaustenfan
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-np531jaustenfan.html

Post by np531jaustenfan »

I have the Nook HD+ and the Kindle Fire HD devices. I originally was a Nook user, but after hearing about B&N's rapid sales declines, I decided to go with the Kindle instead. I had originally bought the Nook HD+ to replace my old Nook Color, but a couple of weeks later, I learned that the Nook devices were not selling as much as the Kindle devices and that the Nooks may soon be pulled from the market. Hence, I ended up converting to a Kindle Fire HD user.
Briana887
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briana887.html

Post by Briana887 »

I also have a Kindle Fire HD. I purchased it because I needed an e-reader and liked that I would be able to download apps and surf the web also. I never saw or considered the Nook but it doesn't seem to be any different. I personally like the look of the Kindle Fire better.
Raj Marwaha

Post by Raj Marwaha »

I got the Nook for my Birthday a few months back, considering I used to be a total book purist, its honestly awesome and dare I say it better for reading than an actual book :")
Queenelizabeth82

Post by Queenelizabeth82 »

I have a Kindle. The second generation and the FIrst generation of Kindle Fire. I love them. I got it because there are easy to use and I can also just download the app to any devices. Now there are other devices available and for sure there be others in the future but when I search for a ebook this was the first one that called my attention.
MikeScantlebury
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of P is for Prince

Post by MikeScantlebury »

I have a Kindle Touch, which I take on holiday, but often forget to take with me, day by day.
During the working week, I spend most of my time reading ebooks on the Kindle app installed on my laptop, which cost nothing, and installs a Kindle-looking interface, and syncs with my Kindle, so I always get to the last page I read, whichever machine I'm using.
troyciesco
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-troyciesco.html

Post by troyciesco »

I have a Kindle Touch. I got it mainly because I was using Amazon all the time. I didn't really have any exposure to the Nook when I decided to buy an e-reader. I am glad I picked the Kindle though! The recent update to the font and everything looks really good.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”