How many ereaders have you gone through?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
booklvr62
Favorite Author: Richard Preston many
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Dandelion Wine</a>
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: How many ereaders have you gone through?

Post by booklvr62 »

I am still using my 3 yr.old Kindle Touch that I got in Oct.'11 and I love,love,love it! :D
kybunnies
Favorite Author: Richard Adams
Favorite Book: Watership Down
Currently Reading: Eyewitness
Bookshelf Size: 3958
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kybunnies.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 4206

Post by kybunnies »

I still have my first eReader. A Kindle Keyboard. I was a little late getting on board. But I would be lost without it.
nsharpes
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nsharpes.html

Post by nsharpes »

I had one of the original Kindles, the one without a touch scree or a light, which lasted a long time. I recently just got a Kindle Paperwhite from my friend about three months ago, which I like more because it has the built in light.
Skillian
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skillian.html
Latest Review: "The Christ Killer" by Robert Attenborough

Post by Skillian »

I have an original kindle and its still kickin' ... I don't plan on getting another one unless this one dies.
I love LOVE. <3
Latest Review: "The Christ Killer" by Robert Attenborough
Allison
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allison.html

Post by Allison »

I've had two....I sat on my first Kindle and was so distraught! Now I have a new one and I go out of my way to make sure its never on a chair or in any high spots to fall. I never want to buy one again. I love my e-reader...its like my child.lol!
Janik
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janik.html

Post by Janik »

My Kindle is my second E-Reader and I love using it. Don't plan on getting any more.
S_Lancealot
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by S_Lancealot »

I've had two Kindles. The first one got stepped on when I was cleaning (never doing that again :)), but the second one is doing fine. As for this whole over-usage thing, I am confused. I haven't had any problems, but then again I don't use it for anything other than reading (there are other features). Also, sometimes I just read on my laptop using the cloud instead of downloading it to my kindle. Plus, you guys might just be more hardcore than me, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.
Hadiqa
Favorite Author: Infinite
Favorite Book: Hundreds
Currently Reading: How The Wolf Lost Her Heart by Sarah
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hadiqa.html

Post by Hadiqa »

I have iPad if that counts :D
“We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.”
—Ernest Hemingway

Reading Now:
Nothing -_- Because of School
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: Taken at the Flood
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

I am on my 2nd Kindle Fire. I had the first one, a 2nd Generation KF, for 2 1/2 years. The mechanism inside where you put the charger in broke. I've had the Kindle Fire HD since July and I love it :)
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
lehel_vandor
Favorite Author: Ray Bradbury
Favorite Book: Faith in Fakes by Umberto Eco
fav_author_id: 2498

Post by lehel_vandor »

Just the old version of Kindle, the one that still features a keyboard. I kept waiting for the newer versions to combine in one reader a number of features, but they seem to have fragmented the offering very much (e.g. paperwhite display in one, but battery life is different, another one has touch screen and hefty battery life, but not paperwhite screen etc.).
pretzelsnow
Favorite Author: Lynn Austin
Favorite Book: Long Time Coming by Edie Claire
Currently Reading: Silas Marner by George Elliot
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pretzelsnow.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 7595

Post by pretzelsnow »

I have a nook hd that still works but the battery doesn't last for long at all and my sister recently purchased a kindle paperwhite which I am going to use all the time:)
When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.
— Walter Lippmann
AWJO1991

Post by AWJO1991 »

I've never had one, but my Stepmom has gone through 3 I believe. She's pretty angry with them.
librarydancer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-librarydancer.html

Post by librarydancer »

Omg!! I have through 2 Nook tablets ( first one was still under warranty), and now I have an HD. I really use it as my take along computer, so I am on it all the time.
3chicnP
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-3chicnp.html

Post by 3chicnP »

I have an iPad, Nook, and Kindle. I use mostly use my Kindle because I have a lot of books on it. I download book apps on my iPad and Nook.
I am a free spirit
like mafia
RaineL
Favorite Author: There are many
Favorite Book: Too many to count

Post by RaineL »

obiebookworm wrote:Ok, question to all the Kindle owners of 3 or more: Are the Kindles not all that they're cracked up to be, or did you go through them because of massive usage?
In my case of going through 3 or more Kindles (Fire) it was due to a Toddler getting his hands on it. Either dropping it in his excitement to read or play a game or they no longer charge due to the connection. I also purchased the Touch for my mother and she loves it. I replaced her Kindle Touch once. I purchased the warranty which has proved to be wonderful and replacement was really easy. I ordered a new Kindle Fire HD this last time that had been refurbished at Christmas - also with the warranty. I am still getting used to it but it seems pretty good. I still have the old Kindle Fire and that one was given to my mother to use when she goes to various appointments so she can play games or read.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”