Which do you read faster - an e-book or paperback?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
tani90
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tani90.html

Re: Which do you read faster - an e-book or paperback?

Post by tani90 »

I guess paperback would always be my hot favorite. Though speed has nothing to do with it, but yes I kind it much more convenient and love to delve on those pages. :P
Also I am big possession freak and books top my list on owing something so vibrant and lovely. I would love to get a copy of some books from here. :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
mert21_05
Favorite Author: Stephen King
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by mert21_05 »

I'm not sure which is faster. I'd say they are probably about the same pace for me. Although I do find myself reading way more books since I got my kindle. Having ebooks is much more convenient.
book_pig
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-pig.html

Post by book_pig »

I don't use eBooks much but when I do I probably get through a book faster on them- just because I have the app on my phone so it's around me more :)
Bookwormie90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookwormie90.html

Post by Bookwormie90 »

I haven't noticed any difference.
+home-me2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-home-me2.html

Post by +home-me2 »

It seems that the books I read on an e-reader are a quicker read.
Keirakay
Favorite Author: MarionZimmer Bradley
Favorite Book: Mists of Avalon
Currently Reading: lots- at any given time
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keirakay.html

Post by Keirakay »

Strangely, I read e-books on my smartphone faster. I actually wasn't going to say anything, but I'm just really surprised that no one else does! I think the reason why might be that I *always* have my phone with me, so if I'm ever having to wait for something, I have my book with me, too.

I used to take my book with me everywhere, before e-readers, though, so that couldn't be the whole reason.. who knows? It is odd though!
Sasquatchismycousin

Post by Sasquatchismycousin »

I don't even bother to read e-books because I like having a tangible book in my hands and flipping the pages with my fingers instead of mouse and cursor.
Bookworm0266
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm0266.html
Latest Review: "Other (This title is supposed to have a checkmark in front of it, but the form disallowed it.)" by Cindy Campopiano

Post by Bookworm0266 »

I read e-books faster simply because of the portability.
Latest Review: "Other (This title is supposed to have a checkmark in front of it, but the form disallowed it.)" by Cindy Campopiano
NekrotikKannibal
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nekrotikkannibal.html

Post by NekrotikKannibal »

I generally tend to finish e-books a lot faster than paperback books. I think that's because I generally have a time limit with my ebooks as most of the ones I have on my Kindle were either lent to me by others or I borrowed them from the library. The paperbacks I can take my time with because I don't usually borrow paperbacks (I have a weird thing about lending and borrowing paperbacks) so I can finish them at a much slower pace.
LizzieNoremac

Post by LizzieNoremac »

I was actually just mentioning this to my boyfriend the other day. I've noticed that paperback/hardback SEEM to take longer than my NOOK. Not, I'm not certain its actually taking me longer. It is entirely possible that physically turning the pages and managing the physical copy makes me more aware of time passing, where as with the NOOK I just press a button or tap the screen.
Poofle
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poofle.html

Post by Poofle »

Definitely a paperback. But then again I'm talking e-books on smartphones and computer screens - either I get distracted and play games or surf other sites, whoops. Plus there's always something magical about smelling the paper before you begin and holding the tome in your hands.
Arsethuon
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arsethuon.html

Post by Arsethuon »

Paperback of course and I prefer it because I don't have an e-book reader or kindle or whatever so, it's quite harder for me to read on a computer
finewine11

Post by finewine11 »

I have a kindle which I enjoy at certain times. I have a reading light cover so if I wake up at 2am and want to read in bed, my kindle is perfect! Its also easy to carry in my handbag and/or briefcase but there is nothing better than the smell of a book and the cracking sound of a new page being turned.
Rash

Post by Rash »

I tend to read ebooks faster for some reason, even though I read them on my laptop that cannot be unplugged from it's charger. I think it's mostly because I can flip over to my college website and pretend I'm doing something more productive when my parents walk into my room. But I get in big trouble if they catch me reading a paperback. -.-
alexjames72
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexjames72.html

Post by alexjames72 »

I seem to read more books as ebooks since I got my tablet.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”