My kindle opinion

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
victoriaaa
Bookshelf Size: 0

My kindle opinion

Post by victoriaaa »

Upon getting my kindle, i was one of those people that said "ooh no, i prefer a book in my hand..being able to actually flip through the pages.. borrow and swop with friends.. how can anything beat that?". But of course, my otherhalf, knowing my passion for reading, and in all honesty sick of buying me book upon book that i wont get rid of, got me a kindle for christmas.

I downloaded a book from amazon.. and i'll admit, at first i couldnt get into it. It just seemed so weird, how you changed the page, the feel of it etc. But then i started getting used to it.. i saw its benefits.. how easy it was to read a book you'd just found out about, right there and then.. no going out to the shops. And im sorry to say i havent read a paperback since, even though i still need to finish 'the man who broke into..'.And I havent since used the library, which the OH loves because its quite a walk so i get him to drive me, and he stands there feeling abit out of place until ive chose my huge selection (were both quite young).

Are you converted now? Do you mix it up with both?
Skybluepink

Post by Skybluepink »

I pretty much only read on my kindle now. I love that I can increase the font size. The eink technology also doesn't give me eye strain. I love that I can get books within seconds.

It's always easier to curl up with the kindle than a book.
katarina66

Post by katarina66 »

I still read both and enjoy them both equaly. Kindle is light and easy to take on holiday, but my pleasure in passing the two hours waiting for my flight by browsing the books shops has been greatly diminished! But I must say, the feel of a real book in my hands, the smell of paper, the ability to add it to my bookshelf if it is something that touched me deeply, or pass it on to a charity shop otherwise, stays with me. I would hate to think that in 50 or 100 years time, there will be no paper books as we know them. there will be no bookshops with shelves lined with those glossy gems, that there will be no libraries.
I relationship with the kindle is a bit of a love hate one.
Ant
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by Ant »

Well, I just handled a kindle for the first time, they were a lot heavier than I thought, think I will wait for the paperback to come out. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jazminsdaddy

Post by Jazminsdaddy »

I loved my Kindle. Before my wife dropped it and it broke. The best thing for me was being able to get a lot of e-books from independent publishing companies for a lot cheaper than than the actual book.

I will be buying another one soon.
Sundance_Kid

Post by Sundance_Kid »

I still read paper copies - but I'm also completely attached to my Kindle now. I love that I can be on the train, finish a book, and just buy another one. I also love that I don't have to carry round a whole library when I'm travelling. Not to mention I think I'm getting to read some brilliant books by self-published authors that I would never have even seen let alone got the chance to read otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sure I'll ever entirely give up buying real books. Nothing quite beats buying a new book and immersing yourself in the paper pages, before adding it to a no doubt already extensively filled bookcase - but I definitely think the E-Book reader has it's advantages.
Auggie

Post by Auggie »

I still use both. I utilize my kindle for travel reading and also for when there's a book I'm interested in reading, but not exactly 100% interested in owning. eBooks are cheaper and if I just get some wild hair to read a certain book I'll go ahead and get the eBook version.

For paper-back books that are all the same price (a lot of paperback mysteries are this way) regardless of whether it's a physical book or an eBook... I'll go ahead and get the paperback version.

I love my Kindle, but I am still getting used to not having the actual book to hold in my hands and put up on my shelf whenever it's done. But, I'm content with knowing that in the future I'll be able to be proud of both my physical and eBook libraries.
tigara_electronica

Post by tigara_electronica »

You get used to it pretty fast. In my last few years i hardly read any printed books.
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ika Apro »

Yes, I also found it a little strange in the beginning and couldn't enjoy reading there, but as I started carrying it around and saw the good side of it, I fell in love.
Dennis Nickerson
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Cruel Romance
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennis-nickerson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Dennis Nickerson »

I read almost everywhere I go publicly. My Kindle is my best companion.
Ramadevi Tatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramadevi-tatavarthi.html
Latest Review: Requiem For A Queen by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Ramadevi Tatavarthi »

I rate kindle 10 out of 10. It is very hand. It had vast range of books. Vast range of genres. The subscription fee is also budget friendly.
Ramadevi Tatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramadevi-tatavarthi.html
Latest Review: Requiem For A Queen by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Ramadevi Tatavarthi »

I rate kindle 10 out of 10. It is very hand. It has vast range of books. Vast range of genres. The subscription fee is also budget friendly.
Shaheera Khan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaheera-khan.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Shaheera Khan »

It's an awesome app and ease of readability and use makes it an ideal choice for me while reading my favorite books.
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

I love that I can increase the font size. The eink technology also doesn't give me eye strain. I love that I can get books within seconds.

It's always easier to curl up with the kindle than a book.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”