Who benefits from free eBooks?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
AlexGrav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexgrav.html
Latest Review: The Three Heavens by Paul Hitchiner

Re: Who benefits from free eBooks?

Post by AlexGrav »

i think it really depends on the book, when i first got my nook i went to the barnes and noble store and got as many free ebooks as i could find that looked interesting, and have ended up buying quite a few books from those authors that i would not have bought other wise merely because the free book was so good.
Bianca Morano
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: White Nights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianca-morano.html
Latest Review: High Clowder Cats by Ruby Knight

Post by Bianca Morano »

Mostly it depends on people on how they will use the benefits of free eBooks. It could be used for knowledge, or something good or bad. eBooks in general, are an efficient way to read since it's not the same as physical books that need maintenance in order to preserve them.
Donald Donaldson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-donaldson.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Donald Donaldson »

Joe McCoubrey wrote: 15 Jun 2012, 07:49 I’ve been wondering more and more these days about what readers really make of the current explosion of free eBooks. If you believe the fad is reaching a peak, think again. There’s a lot yet to come, and it remains to be seen whether the craze will result in a welcome sea-change or inflict permanent damage to an industry that is being forced to reconstruct itself in the modern world of push-button technology. SEE MORE AT: http://BLACKLISTED/2012/06/15/who-benef ... he-author/
I have always wondered about this myself. I am glad I came across your post, because I have been putting off doing a research on this subject matter for too long. Thanks for the link. I will check it out.
Monishka Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monishka-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Monishka Sharma »

I am also curious. Self publishing through amazon seems great and all but it gives less exposure and if u don't market the book it goes unnoticed.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”