Another Reason to Love E-Books

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Blessing O 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-o-2.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Re: Another Reason to Love E-Books

Post by Blessing O 2 »

Ebooks are very easy to access.
Helen Akoth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-akoth.html
Latest Review: A Submissive Journey-Second Semester by Richard Read

Post by Helen Akoth »

Another reason to love ebooks is that they are delivered instantly. What a convenience!
Betelhem Demsie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-betelhem-demsie.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Betelhem Demsie »

LinaMueller wrote: โ†‘16 Aug 2019, 02:36 E-books are great. Why do so many people hate reading e-books? I mean I am a little bit puzzled by a lot of avid readers' attitude towards E-books. I do prefer physical books, but E-books are also great.
You can say that again! Ebooks are great, but if you ask me to choose, I prefer physical books.
Bianca Morano
Favorite Book: White Nights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianca-morano.html
Latest Review: High Clowder Cats by Ruby Knight

Post by Bianca Morano »

I love how efficient and convenient e-Books are. But sometimes I got sick of it and prefer the physical sensations of a physical book brings.
Liza Chulukhadze
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liza-chulukhadze.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Liza Chulukhadze »

I usually have my lights of in the night to not wake other up, so that was a great feature for me. I has really helped me.
The Dodo Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-dodo-writer.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by The Dodo Writer »

Chelsey Coles wrote: โ†‘05 Aug 2019, 14:39 Hi! I just realized a very important reason to love e-books:

You can read them outside at night!!!! 8)

Does anyone else do this or would you try it?
I must say that is true. I look ebooks for that.

I still prefer hardcopy books but reading a book at night is an advantage of having a kindle
Maileyrom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maileyrom.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Maileyrom »

I only see advantages. They do not take space at home or in the handbag/backpack. When I have to take the train I always carry with me the Kindle if the journey is longer than half an hour. I would not do the same if it was a hard copy because of the weight and the space. If it is a book with a lot of pages it is easier to handle an ebook reader. Books are also cheaper in digital copies. I can enlarge or change the type of font. I can finish one book and start another without leaving the train or as I have dozens on my Kindle. Did I miss any advantage? oh yes! The light!
"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself" George Bernard Shaw
Raksha 238
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Raksha 238 »

At college, in liesure time. I can't open physical copy but i could hide and read e-book in my mobile ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
David Tutor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-tutor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by David Tutor »

Shaila394 wrote: โ†‘06 Aug 2019, 00:36 Huh, way to find a positive! I personally prefer actual books to e-books for many reasons, such as e-books hurt your eyes after a while and it's just not as fun to hold a tablet as it is to hold a book, but I guess it does make it easier to read at night. I think I will try it sometime. I love reading, so why not!?
Reading an ebook where the is no power is definitely an advantage over hardcopy books. But just like you, still prefer the real deal,that is hardcopy
Nimra Kiran
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimra-kiran.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Nimra Kiran »

There are various reasons to choose e-books. For example, they are stored electronically, allowing you to carry an entire library of books on a single device! This convenience is especially valuable for travelers or people who are always on the go.
With e-books, you can instantly download and start reading a book without having to wait for it to be shipped or visit a bookstore. This is particularly beneficial for those like me. :mrgreen:
Plus, an e-book can be easily shared with friends and family. It's great.
It offers a wide range of genres, including self-published works and books that may be out of print in physical form. So, this allows readers to explore more and more books.
"A bear knows seven songs and they are all about honey."
Shing Araya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Shing Araya »

Hi from the Philippines :D

Yup, I have tried reading ebooks at night and I totally agree with you. They are totally amazing. Happy reading.
a1coder
Currently Reading: Nimue
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by a1coder »

Hello! Discovering new reasons to love e-books is always exciting. Reading them outside at night is indeed a great advantage, and it adds a touch of magic to the reading experience. The soft glow of your device's screen can create a cozy and immersive atmosphere, allowing you to enjoy your favorite stories under the open sky.

Whether it's on a balcony, in a garden, or simply lounging under the stars, reading e-books outside at night offers a unique blend of technology and nature. The convenience of not needing an external light source and the ability to adjust text size and brightness according to your comfort can make nighttime reading even more enjoyable.
Irenosen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by Irenosen »

Another reason I love ebooks so much is that they don't take up too much space on my phone
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight

Post by Ika Apro »

I can't light up my room at night, so it is a great advantage that I can read it in dark. One of the best features ever.

Return to โ€œE-Books and E-Readersโ€