Is it the same?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Re: Is it the same?

Post by csimmons032 »

I absolutely agree with you. Even though I have gotten into reading the ebooks specifically for this website, I still prefer the paper formats. Nothing can really compare to it. Like you said, I just like the feel of actually having a book in my hand. On an ebook, you don't exactly get that same feeling, or at least I don't.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Amber the bookworm
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amber-the-bookworm.html

Post by Amber the bookworm »

I completely agree that reading on an e-book is just not the same for me as reading and holding an actual copy of a book. I like having an e-book for trips so I can take numerous books without the physical weight, but other than that I would rather have a physical book.
AuthorRobSigmon
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by AuthorRobSigmon »

I prefer reading, holding, and smelling a real book as well. However, sometimes it's just more convenient to have an E-Book, like when I am traveling or now that I'm in the middle of a move and all of my physical books are packed up.
LADYVADER

Post by LADYVADER »

It's not the same. I do like to use my Kindle to keep reading when I'm on the go or if I'm in a dark place. I tend to only buy a kindle copy of a really good book that I can't put down. Other than that, I love the traditional book. How it feels, smells..it's also easier to navigate for reference sometimes. :D
Stevefromtheblock
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevefromtheblock.html
Latest Review: "Short Shorts" by Alex Apostol

Post by Stevefromtheblock »

I feel like I don't have a preference, but I find myself reading eBooks much more than traditional books. I guess it's just more convenient.
Latest Review: "Short Shorts" by Alex Apostol
ChyJ20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chyj20.html

Post by ChyJ20 »

I think the whole "new technology" thing is nice. I have the kindle app on my laptop and i like to look at work from new readers on wattpad. my thing is, i started out with hard-covered books and it is really different. Its easier with an online book or a kindle book but with a hand-held book, i don't have to worry about charging the device i'm reading it on or if it freezes. During a storm, i prefer hand held books and it makes it so much better to read from a hand held book.
Betelhem Demsie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-betelhem-demsie.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Betelhem Demsie »

Turning pages of real book satisfies me
Ebets
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62

Post by Ebets »

I prefer a book over ebooks however it is nice to have a book on your phone to carry around instead of a book
Mutuma Clare
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutuma-clare.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Mutuma Clare »

I love all versions but there are advantages of having an hardcopy. Sometimes while reading a soft copy I find myself distracted.
David Tutor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-tutor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by David Tutor »

Nansie wrote: 13 Oct 2012, 12:23 For me I think the value of the traditional book isn't the same when it's an e-book. Just holding the book, smelling it, turning each page and before taking a break twist the top of the page and closing the book...It's like a relationship

What about you?
It is really a relationship. The real deal will always be better an ebooks.
Sameeha Ismail
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Jane Austen at Home
Bookshelf Size: 230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sameeha-ismail.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sameeha Ismail »

I totally agree that eBooks cannot feel the same as paperbacks. I usually go for paperbacks when I've been anticipating a book for a long time, or when I wish to reread a book in the future. Nothing is the same as having your shelf of paperbacks.
One book, printed in the heart's own wax Is worth a thousand in the stacks.
Gams0812
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven!
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gams0812.html

Post by Gams0812 »

Nansie wrote: 13 Oct 2012, 12:23 For me I think the value of the traditional book isn't the same when it's an e-book. Just holding the book, smelling it, turning each page and before taking a break twist the top of the page and closing the book...It's like a relationship

What about you?
I'm the same way. I much prefer to have a book in my hand than an e-book. I love the smell of old books.
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ika Apro »

Of course holding a physical book will never be the same as reading it on kindle as it connects with our sensory and cognitive functions. I love reading physical books but find kindle more easy to carry around.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”