Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Nyla Trisnamurthi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by Nyla Trisnamurthi »

Paper book, because I get used to bring books everywhere I go. E-book sometimes make my eyes hurt while I read it.
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

Post by Ldpuff »

I have wanted to make the switch from paper books to a kindle or something similar, but I can’t! I love holding a book and enjoying the whole experience. I feel like our society gets enough screen time!
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

I love the feel of a good book in my hands... ebooks.. They just don't cut it for me the bulk of the time. I love being able to physically flip through a solid book in my hands. And on rainy days... The real deal is most definitely my go to for reading. I know I can read in the dark with my paperwhite... But that's only until it needs charging. My physical copy never needs charging. So I also prefer to take it out with me if I'm going on a trip. Granted, I can have 1000s of books at the tip of my fingers with an ereader, and only a couple of so will fit in my bag if I'm taking physical books... But I just cannot get past my love of the weight of a real book in my hands.
Sujayanie Kanaga
Currently Reading: "Speak The Word...And It Is So!"
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Sujayanie Kanaga »

feeling a book in a hand is entirely different from e-book. but its better now to save trees
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Post by Wesusa »

I like physical media substantially more, but if I enjoy the book I will purchase the physical version. I don't think every book warrants getting a physical version, just those that I like more than the rest.
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
apple_frog
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by apple_frog »

I was very skeptical on getting a Kindle Fire because I love to just sit down with a paperback or hardcover book. It is a different experience to read on an ereader versus holding an actual book. I still read paperbacks but being able to get free books on my Kindle is a great thing, a lot of the time if a book is a part of a series and isn't well known they have the first book for free and after the first book you can decide if you want to continue reading the series by purchasing the next in the series. I am very happy with my Kindle and probably from here on out get books only on the kindle versus going to a book store unless I really enjoy the author and collect the books, like James Patterson and Dean Koontz.
Cassidy Simpson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimpson97.html
Latest Review: Another Poor Cow by Martins Agbonlahor

Post by Cassidy Simpson »

Of course, I like paper books, but e-readers are very convenient. If you don't have a lot of space in your house for shelves. E-books are typically cheaper. I downloaded an app on my phone so I can read my Kindle books anywhere.
Chinecherem A
Currently Reading: Alwyn And June Crawshaw's Outdoor Painting Course
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinecherem-a.html
Latest Review: Fragments by Bruce K. Berger

Post by Chinecherem A »

I love paperback.
NANDHINI P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by NANDHINI P »

I love the feel , the smell , the memories good old physical books brings about, just looking at my shelve filled with all my books ...... Life can't get any better than that !!!!
Jessica Iwuagwu
Favorite Book: You, The People
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-iwuagwu.html
Latest Review: UNUM: Infinity and Eternity by Rudy Ernst

Post by Jessica Iwuagwu »

Ebook, don't get me wrong, I would prefer a paper book but ebooks are generally more affordable, and more convenient because you can start reading them s soon as your purchase is made. Moreover, I can read without nosy people judging me because of the title :roll:
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

I am fond of collecting paper books, but only lend attention to my ebooks. I hope my paper books would not get mad at me for not scanning them after some time. However, I prefer both.
Marina-S-M1
Currently Reading: The Song of Achilles
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-s-m1.html
Latest Review: Who Says, Women Can't Lead? by James Rondinone

Post by Marina-S-M1 »

I prefer a paper book, but sometimes when I'm on the go or doing something I like audiobooks. Ebooks just hurt my eyes too much :lol: But I will read them if nothing else is readily available.
Katie Blackmore
Favorite Book: The Glass Castle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katie-blackmore.html
Latest Review: The Light of Canopus by Frasar

Post by Katie Blackmore »

As much as I love paperback, I backpack around the world and something I discovered very quickly was how heavy it is to carry books everywhere you go. I love how I can take a tablet and have hundreds of books loaded without any increase in the weight of my luggage :D
MysticSpade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mysticspade.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by MysticSpade »

Who doesn't love the smell of printed pages? I tend to take information in better if I'm reading a physical format.
_Maduike
Currently Reading: The Ultimate Love
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maduike.html
Latest Review: Firstborn Daddyman by Frank Bailey
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by _Maduike »

Definitely prefer E-books, it is much more convenient

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”