Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
abbiegault22
Currently Reading: Break the Chains of Dieting
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbiegault22.html
Latest Review: The Little Book For Big Transformations (2nd Edition) by Skip Jennings

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by abbiegault22 »

I would prefer a paper book. I like being able to actually turn the page and see how far I am in the book. I like to read at night and sometimes the brightness of my screen is annoying. I wish I could do my reviews with paper books.
estanlypido12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-estanlypido12.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by estanlypido12 »

In this day and age, I would now prefer ebooks. They are convenient, accessible to digest, and very readers friendly. Although paperbacks are the tradition, I can not discount ebooks.
Tootie_22
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tootie_22 »

For me and many others with my condition paper isn't really an option. I have a rare and painful degenerative illness called EDS. I often cannot hold a physical book or turn pages without dislocations and/or intense pain, so ebooks have been such a huge deal for me. I also find that with chronic pain and brain fog issues, sizing up the font helps me keep my place and keeps me able to read much faster than I used to. I love physical books, but my ebook is definitely one of my most prized possessions 🥰
Alishia Grayer
Currently Reading:

Post by Alishia Grayer »

I will like either ebook or paperback.
hayisa
Currently Reading: Get a Financial Life
Bookshelf Size: 70

Post by hayisa »

I've always loved the smell and feel of a paper book. However, that isn't present in an e-book. I do admit that the latter is more practical and handy.
SamanthaGarcia
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthagarcia.html
Latest Review: Fates Sweet Passion by Patricia Crumpler

Post by SamanthaGarcia »

I am a bit old-fashioned in regards to reading books. The fact that it is physical and tangible makes a difference. Having read digital copies of books for a period of time has further encouraged my desire to have the real thing. A glass screen and digital record don't do anything for me. It lacks familiarity and certainty. Sometimes I want to calculate how long before I finish or maybe skip ahead a little faster. I read pretty fast and I like to know my time based on the heftiness of the pages remaining. Given the choice, I would never read an ebook if I have a paper book available. The appeal is just not there.
Widade Assaly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-widade-assaly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Widade Assaly »

I understand that the feeling of a paper book is irreplaceable. But I now only use Ebooks because you can transport them anywhere and it is very practical. When I travel, I can take with me 2-3 books without worrying about the weight.
Menna Tamer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-menna-tamer.html
Latest Review: The Senator's Suitcase by Mitch Engel

Post by Menna Tamer »

PAPER BOOKS ALL THE WAY !, Cuz to be honest it litterly isolates you from the rest of the world and who needs interruptions while being so indulged in a good book . That aside tho you don't always find good deals for paperback books :/
Gabriela Contreras
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriela-contreras.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Gabriela Contreras »

For me, the hardest part of trying to get up my reviewer score, or just participating here, is reading ebooks. I love curling up with a cup of tea, smelling a new book (olds give me allergy). So, yeah, paper books forever.
Marion Ouma 1

Post by Marion Ouma 1 »

Nothing beats the smell of books in my study,and the sound it makes when turning pages I just love bumping to a dog eared book beside my bed after I finished reading the one in the living room and just started the one I left on the kitchen counter!
Umesh Bhatt
Favorite Book: Identity And Violence
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umesh-bhatt.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Umesh Bhatt »

In the beginning I was not comfortable with the ebooks or digital books but slowly I am now accustomed to this mode of reading. Still I would prefer a physical book with bigger fonts and I am also open to a well spoken clear audio book.
Knowledge is power but one has to be a bookworm! :techie-studyingbrown:
Mmaduabuchi Eze
Favorite Book: The Maestro Monologue
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmaduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mmaduabuchi Eze »

It depends on my disposition. There are moments an e-book would be more convenient than paper book. But generally, a paper book is always better. It carries with it a natural feeling and connection.
Ayomikun Babalola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayomikun-babalola.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Ayomikun Babalola »

Nothing beats the feel of a page in your hand or that smell of a book, new or old. I absolutely love sitting by the window, putting my feet up and reading. Plus you never get any of those pesky eye aches from too much screen time
Helen Akoth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-akoth.html
Latest Review: A Submissive Journey-Second Semester by Richard Read

Post by Helen Akoth »

E-books are my first choice. I like the convenience. I can read them without somebody noticing I am actually reading.
Sahibzada Shah Faisal

Post by Sahibzada Shah Faisal »

I feel relax to read paper books since I read books in my leisure time, lying on my bed and feeling each and every word written by the author. But in this era of computer technology, each and every aspect of our lives is online now so I am learning to enjoy ebooks as well..

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”