Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Allyana
Currently Reading: Kaylie's Forgotten Birthday- children's book
Bookshelf Size: 10

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by Allyana »

I prefer e-books since they are convenient and easy to access. I can have many books all in one place.
Sinovuyo Sithole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sinovuyo-sithole.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Sinovuyo Sithole »

I love both ebooks and paperbacks. I love the smell of books and my bookshelves, but it's easy to take my ebook everywhere. I just put it in my bag, and off I go.
sabrinaknight
Currently Reading: The Wicker Park Kid
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabrinaknight.html
Latest Review: Masked Intent by Kimberly Greer

Post by sabrinaknight »

I like both mediums. It's certainly easier to read ebooks but reading a paper book is like drinking a warm cup of tea. As, it is relaxing to holding on to a book, and annotating it with your own hands. Plus, I want a beautiful library filled with books. So for me it would personally would be paper book :techie-studyinggray:
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

I love reading an actual book, but free and cheaper books are so much easier to get to in online format, and you can get them immediately. I love the smell and feel of an actual book though!
Aivy Daylig
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aivy-daylig.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Aivy Daylig »

I think it depends with the resources and the availability of the materials. I can go reading books throughout the day, and shift to ebook at night.
Victoria Harrell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Victoria Harrell »

That's so tough. I love the feel and smell of a paper book but an e-book is so much easier to carry around and pick up and put down when you have a toddler!
Glory_C
Currently Reading: Keysha's Drama
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-c.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Glory_C »

I'd go for books, because both have their own advantages. When I'm relaxed and snuggled up in bed, I would prefer a physical copy. It makes its contents engaging. However, when I'm on transit, I'd go for the e-book.
Catherine Lebogang Kelapile
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Catherine Lebogang Kelapile »

I love both ebooks are convenient they are accessible anywhere anytime
Shane Lucey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shane-lucey.html
Latest Review: The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall

Post by Shane Lucey »

I mainly am using e-books just due to the amount of space it saves. I do have a few nice copies of my favorite books/series and graphic novels since I love to loan them out to other people to enjoy. It is rare that I will re-read the same book.
Alinemor
Currently Reading: Inferno
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Alinemor »

I even feel embarrassed when I look at the unconscious disregard I end up doing with my kindle... :oops:

You see, it's not about not like it, because it is really a very practical and efficient tool, not to mention that in the country where I acquired the habit of reading it's not a cheap hobby, (that's why I bought an kindle).
But the saddest thing of all is that since I started (again) reading books in paper format, the smell, the texture,omg,even the stopping to turn the page is a simply pleasurable process!!! :oops2: :oops2: :oops2:

OK, Lindle tells you the percentage of how much you've read, but let´s be honest here, it's just not the same thing.

Since I already acquired the kindle, I want to try to get the habit of reading with it, also because from an ecological point of view, it is more eco-friendly than printing on paper, apart from practical issues such as not being heavy, not having the risk of damage and simply not taking up too much space.....
AllTooWell
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alltoowell.html
Latest Review: Unlight by Chandra Shekhar

Post by AllTooWell »

I will never change paper books, I love their smell but I have allergies and a lack of space so ebooks have become a blessing.
Samuel Onowhakpor
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-onowhakpor.html
Latest Review: Seeker: A Sea Odyssey by Rita Pomade

Post by Samuel Onowhakpor »

Definitely E-books. They are much more portable and less space-consuming, especially in the situation where I have no personal library or the like.
Grey masterpiece
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grey-masterpiece.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Grey masterpiece »

When I started reading, I could not be seperated from my paperback. Now I can only read comfortably on my e-reader.
lucyoscar
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lucyoscar »

Numerous studies have shown that physical books are preferable to eBooks for improving reading comprehension. Younger readers might read more rapidly on an eReader, but real books are typically preferred because of their pace and the possible distractions of links, scrolling, and adverts.
Mutuma Clare
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutuma-clare.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Mutuma Clare »

I love both versions. I can read the eBook while traveling and have the real thing on my shelf.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”