Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
ms_Jenaiah
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 5

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by ms_Jenaiah »

In my opinion, paper backs are the best but if you live in a country where power outages are the order of the day and for hours on end, ebooks are great. And there is the added bonus of carrying your entire collection wherever you go.
kasedy Fairbairn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasedy-fairbairn.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by kasedy Fairbairn »

For me, my kindle is easier to use rather then an actual book. I do not have to worry about loosing my place, and it gives me a chance to read more without spending an arm and a leg. I have kindle unlimited and I can read 2-5 books a week depending on what I have going on.
Faatimah Noormahomed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faatimah-noormahomed.html
Latest Review: Karrana by Anne Skyvington
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Faatimah Noormahomed »

There's definite benefits to having an e-reader but at the end of the day, I don't think they'll ever really be able to compare with physical books for me. They just don't give you that same feeling that reading physical books does.
novitasolossa
Favorite Book: How to Live a Life of Hope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by novitasolossa »

Although I like Ebooks for their ease. I would still prefer a paper book because it feels more comfortable. Maybe it's because I get bored easily when reading from gadgets and reading from prints is much safer for eye health especially avoiding the adverse effects of radiation.
IbrahimOtegbade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibrahimotegbade.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by IbrahimOtegbade »

I love paper books because I can easily write comments on them and have no problem with checking later. I love having my books neatly arranged in the bookshelf as well. But I prefer ebooks at times because of easy accessibility especially when I am not at home or school.
TusharJoshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tusharjoshi.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by TusharJoshi »

Paper books have a charm that eBooks simply can't match. Turning pages using your hands is a feeling that cannot be experienced while scrolling through an eBook reader.
Manik Chaturmutha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manik-chaturmutha.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Manik Chaturmutha »

I would prefer paper back any day. But, now that I have kindle reader, even reading ebook is not that hard. Also ebook are cost efficient and don't take up physical space. That really gives them edge over paperbacks.
Oluchii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ne-thewriter.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluchii »

Nothing beats reading from a paper back but in some instances that I couldn't get it,I would settle for an Ebook
Cecillia W
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecillia-w.html
Latest Review: Children of Violence by Luke Gherardi

Post by Cecillia W »

I have always preferred a physical book as opposed to an ebook. I enjoy getting to hold the book in my hands and be able to easily turn to a flagged page without having to remember how to do so with an e-reader / iPhone app. Also, I kind of just enjoy the pleasure of being able to see how far I’ve read and how many pages are left based solely upon where my bookmark is inserted into the book when it’s closed.
TusharJoshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tusharjoshi.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by TusharJoshi »

Also, sleeping on the book while reading it because you are so engrossed- is a real thing. That is something that eBooks cannot provide!
Chimgozirim O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimgozirim-o.html
Latest Review: Don't Quit by Kyle S. Reynolds

Post by Chimgozirim O »

E-books for sure, It's convenient for me, and won't easily get lazy to read a book
Ayomipo Olukoya 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayomipo-olukoya-1.html
Latest Review: Apotheosis Now by Yanhao Huang
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Ayomipo Olukoya 1 »

I would definitely prefer ebook to paperbook. While paperbooks are easier to read for the sake of originality and (probably due to the nostalgic feelings that accompanies it) e-books are easier to carry around. They don't get worn and torn, as long as they're safe in your drive or folders. Whenever you remember your favorite book, you could easily log into the site where you stored it (for your everlasting consumption or simply because you can't seem to let it go) while your paperbook could be on the shelf along with other books you've not read in what, days? Months? Years? I guess.
Keine Gheyinmi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Keine Gheyinmi »

There is nothing better than having a book in your hand. I also love the smell of books. I understand that ebooks are easy to handle and doesn't wear and tear but I still prefer paper book.
Taxel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Taxel »

Ebook is a lot easier, but nothing beats a physical copy. I tend to read ebooks and then get paper book if I loved it.
Ruqayyah Rafeeq
Favorite Book: Before the Coffee Gets Cold
Currently Reading: The Fine Print
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruqayyah-rafeeq.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Ruqayyah Rafeeq »

I've just started reading Ebooks this summer, to be honest, I'm glad I did because I've downloaded so many books online for free. However, a paper book will probably always be superior in my eyes. There is nothing like the smell of a book or holding one in your hands :mrgreen2: .

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”