Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
marksm121
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by marksm121 »

Ebook is best. You can read and carry anywhere.
Buddy1224

Post by Buddy1224 »

Paper book. I always have a book with me. If I am waiting to pick up one of the kids, at an appointment etc.
I tried the Kindle and Ipad and I did not like either one of them. I get tired easier and my eyes hurt. So I pick book all day everyday. :D
Anna023

Post by Anna023 »

I am old fashioned and like good old local bookstores. There is something endearing in the process of choosing the right book in the store or library. But during the corona quarantine I found some good online stores.
Martina A J
Favorite Author: Terry Pratchett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-a-j.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 2791

Post by Martina A J »

:D I love the feel of paperbacks and hardcovers and the perfect freedom from electronics that I get when I carry a physical book into my reading nook or to the terrace. However, in the past few years I have come to appreciate the convenience of being to carry all my favorite books in one device. That gives me the chance to choose any book according to my mood and disposition of that moment. That has been the saving of my sanity. So I wont underrate e-readers. But they wont replace books ever.
Art West
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-art-west.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Art West »

I prefer a real book, however, with today's technology I usually just read off of my iPad.
MariaLivaniou
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: City of Bones
Currently Reading: Captive Prince
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robinbennet.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by MariaLivaniou »

Definitely prefer the real thing. I mean, ebooks are nice and all, but you just don't get the same feeling. I love the weight I feel on my hands or the fact that I have to turn the pages to read more. And don't even get me started on my beautiful bookshelf. With ebooks you just don't get that.They are money efficient, don't weigh a ton and you can have like 100 books with you at all times no problem, but at the end of the day, I still prefer the real thing above all else.
Tileoluwanimi

Post by Tileoluwanimi »

Hard copy any day,the smell of books,sooo soothing, especially a whole shelf!...plus,I prefer the old-fashioned way..
Purple_Orchids16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purple-orchids16.html
Latest Review: 2612 Cherryhill Lane by Glenn Vo

Post by Purple_Orchids16 »

While most people would fancy an ebook presently, I on the other hand prefer a paper book. It gives the reader a sense of satisfaction that you have completed an amazing story and it leaves the reader wanting to indulge in another world. I have nothing against ebooks as they are most convenient when the paper book is difficult to obtain. I enjoy reading more when I 'get my hands' on the book itself. :D :techie-studyingbrown:
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

I have always preferred a paper book, and even when I travel I take a hard copy with me. Even if it weights a ton :).
Lhammamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lhammamy.html
Latest Review: Manasakd by Kelly May Andrews

Post by Lhammamy »

I absooutely hated E-books!! I think they can never replace the smell and the feeling of ink on paper. Although this seemes absurd as working with OBC means that I'm reading E-books the whole week, but there is nothing as enjoyable as a good printed book.
marksm121

Post by marksm121 »

Ebook is better than paperbook.You won't have to think about carry
_Bokeh
Favorite Book: The King of May
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bokeh.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by _Bokeh »

I prefer hard copy since they are easier to read,no straining although e-books are easy to carry and can be accessed from anywhere.
angelanikkicea
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelanikkicea.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X
fav_author_id: 2566

Post by angelanikkicea »

Both has its advantages. But currently, I prefer reading ebooks so that I can bring so many ebooks anywhere with me in just one device.
A Y reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-y-reviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by A Y reviews »

I used to enjoy sitting and reading books the old fashion way. But in recent times, I haven't been able to do that. I find it difficult to enjoy paperbacks. I'd rather read on my phone. Maybe that is also because I can easily minimize and write comments and take notes on the same device
agrongal122

Post by agrongal122 »

I love the paperbacks, there’s just nothing quite like the smell of a new book and opening it up for the first time or millionth time. But I do love the convenience of ebooks and being able to look for any book online. I also like being able to pickup where I left off if I don’t have the paperback with me.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”