Did You Know There Are Borrowing/Lending Sites for eReaders?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
booklvr62
Favorite Author: Richard Preston many
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Dandelion Wine</a>
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Did You Know There Are Borrowing/Lending Sites for eReaders?

Post by booklvr62 »

I just recently discovered this,and have already borrowed 2 ebooks and lent 6.It is wonderful to be able to loan and borrow ebooks FREE from the comfort of your home. At lendle.me and BookLending you can use any email addy you choose so you don't have to use your primary one,which it is recommended that you set up an alternate email acct. such as a free one at yahoo.
tkarnett
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tkarnett.html

Post by tkarnett »

I actually love borrowing books on my kindle from the public library. In fact that is where I get most of my books from as I read so much. It is the same as browsing the shelf's at the library. But thanks for the tip on where else to go too.

Thanks,
Tracy
booklvr62
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Dandelion Wine</a>

Post by booklvr62 »

You are most welcome. I hope you enjoy borrowing and lending Kindle titles as much as I have been. :]
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

I borrow ebooks through my public library. They download free to any device and no need for special email address.
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
booklvr62

Post by booklvr62 »

I also borrow Kindle books from my library, but I find that I get them much sooner through booklending.Probably because there are more copies available of the titles I want.
Joel_Auerbach

Post by Joel_Auerbach »

After buying a ton of ebooks, (I usually read one or two per week) my cousin let me in on her secret that her public library had a book lending service. Also I believe you can borrow books if you are a member of Amazon Prime.
booklvr62

Post by booklvr62 »

You are only able to borrow 1-book per month with Amazon Prime! Plus since being an Amazon customer since 1986,every order I've ever made with Amazon always arrived within 2-days using 'Standard Shipping',so I cannot even imagine why anyone would pay that crazy amount of money for two-day shipping.... that is the norm, anyway!Must just be for the streaming video which I am not in the least interested in. :shock: :(
marybethkwilliams
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marybethkwilliams.html

Post by marybethkwilliams »

I borrow books from my local library that can be read on my Nook Simple Touch. I may have to wait for a specific book to become available, but receive an e-mail when it is ready to download. If I'm wanting to download and read a book immediately, I browse for titles that are available from my library. I love the convenience of borrowing and returning books electronically versus having to physically go to the library.
Rai

Post by Rai »

I actually didn't know you could borrow ebooks from anywhere other than the library! If i where to borrow a book from a lending site, would I be able to read it on my phone's kindle app or do I need an actual eReader?
Mkristin96

Post by Mkristin96 »

I love borrowing books for my ereader! Most of the time there are books that I may only want to read once and it helps me to save money to buy the books that I really want to have in my library. I mostly use the site through my library.
JBeth

Post by JBeth »

There are sites where you can borrow ebooks from other Kindle and Nook owners. One such example is ebookfling. I have used this site on several occasions and have never had any problems with it.
KattPascale
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Favorite Book: Letters to Sam
Currently Reading: In A Small Town
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kattpascale.html
Latest Review: "Song of the Mokihana" by TD Matzenik
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by KattPascale »

WHAT???? Good to know.
But what does that do for the authors of these books? Are they getting paid?
Kat Pascale
Latest Review: "Song of the Mokihana" by TD Matzenik
JBeth

Post by JBeth »

The authors are still being paid because with ebookfling for example, you are only borrowing the ebooks for a short time. You get access to the book for 14 days.

Also, not all Nook books can be lent. They are only lendable with the publishers, or authors, permission.
Speed reader

Post by Speed reader »

I use the library as well, but I have a ton I've purchased. I'll have to check out the lending sites! Thanks for the information.
Dphaber
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dphaber.html
Latest Review: "The Icarus Prediction" by RD Gupta

Post by Dphaber »

This seems too easy to abuse... But I still love that people have set up these kinds of services! Thanks so much for putting this up here for us!
Latest Review: "The Icarus Prediction" by RD Gupta

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”