The Need for Ebooks

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
bellajavier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellajavier.html
Latest Review: Truth Come to Light by Taryn Feldmann

The Need for Ebooks

Post by bellajavier »

I was reading an article by Mitchell Stephens and she talked about how People don't read a lot. As a new generation person, I'd have to be honest that I am not a big fan of carrying book around, BUT I love reading. Do you think more and more authors should Digitize themselves?
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

With portable devices becoming increasingly common, the market for ebooks will keep on growing for a long time, so today I don't see the point of publishing books in paper-version only.
Ciao :)
Massimo
bellajavier
Currently Reading:

Post by bellajavier »

NetMassimo wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 08:17 With portable devices becoming increasingly common, the market for ebooks will keep on growing for a long time, so today I don't see the point of publishing books in paper-version only.
I know right!
Lee-Ann20
Currently Reading: Lovely War
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lee-ann20.html
Latest Review: Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech

Post by Lee-Ann20 »

Not sure how many people know about this, but Macmillan, one of the big 5 publishers for ebooks is embargoing ebooks and e-audiobooks for libraries. In my state, Rhode Island, we are boycotting Macmillan digital services. You can read more about it here
http://cranstononline.com/stories/libra ... U.facebook
bellajavier
Currently Reading:

Post by bellajavier »

Lee-Ann20 wrote: 06 Mar 2020, 20:34 Not sure how many people know about this, but Macmillan, one of the big 5 publishers for ebooks is embargoing ebooks and e-audiobooks for libraries. In my state, Rhode Island, we are boycotting Macmillan digital services. You can read more about it here
http://cranstononline.com/stories/libra ... U.facebook
... Oh wow this is interesting. Thanks for enlightening me
Tavaiel26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tavaiel26.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tavaiel26 »

NetMassimo wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 08:17 With portable devices becoming increasingly common, the market for ebooks will keep on growing for a long time, so today I don't see the point of publishing books in paper-version only.
That's my perspective, too. Ebook is both convenient and green, and there must be a way to pass to a production-on-demand model for paper books, which also would be convenient and green.
bellajavier
Currently Reading:

Post by bellajavier »

Tavaiel26 wrote: 21 Mar 2020, 08:57
That's my perspective, too. Ebook is both convenient and green, and there must be a way to pass to a production-on-demand model for paper books, which also would be convenient and green.
Interesting
aruntr2001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aruntr2001.html
Latest Review: Theatre of Racial Conflict by Bunmi Popoola

Post by aruntr2001 »

With the e-book readers becoming increasingly common, the market for ebooks will keep increasing. It also provides a window of opportunity to sell more copies of the books and also reduce the price of the books.
Fatima Saif
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading: Make Fitness A Priority
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatima-saif.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Fatima Saif »

bellajavier wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 04:19 I was reading an article by Mitchell Stephens and she talked about how People don't read a lot. As a new generation person, I'd have to be honest that I am not a big fan of carrying book around, BUT I love reading. Do you think more and more authors should Digitize themselves?
Yeah, this world is a digital world. Whether you like to carry book around or not, ebooks are necessity of time due to portability. You can carry thousands of books in your phone, laptop etc but you can't wander while carrying so much books conveniently.
readsbyarun
Favorite Book: Wilderness Cry
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by readsbyarun »

The portable e book devices have become very handy and it is easy to carry the multiple books at a same time without the need for a storage space or difficulty in carrying the heaviers books.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”