Reading Books with Sound Tracks

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Liza Chulukhadze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liza-chulukhadze.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Re: Reading Books with Sound Tracks

Post by Liza Chulukhadze »

I would much rather read a book on its own and then listen to music while I analyze it in my brain. I might not notice it but my brain still finds it difficult to mustitask at times.
Liza Chulukhadze
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liza-chulukhadze.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Liza Chulukhadze »

I find it hard to concentrate on things while listening to music. I usually listen to them before or after reading. I love reading book and then analyzing it while listening to music.
Bianca Morano
Favorite Book: White Nights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianca-morano.html
Latest Review: High Clowder Cats by Ruby Knight

Post by Bianca Morano »

Reading with a soundtrack in the background sounds like a good idea. As long as it's a kind of music suitable to the mood of the book you're reading. And also it depends on the preferences of the reader. A reader who doesn't like music while reading might not fit in with this kind of environment. Taking from me, as an example. I tried this when I'm reading on Wattpad once and it was an okay experience. But I would still prefer silence or my own playlist to listen to.
The Dodo Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-dodo-writer.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by The Dodo Writer »

miztree46 wrote: 08 Feb 2014, 08:55 I recently found out about a company that creates sound tracts for books. Do you think this is a good idea? Would you listen to a sound tract while reading a book?
No. Not really. Do not get me wrong, I applaud the company for their innovative idea, but I am okay reading my books without a sound track. Regular good old music works for me.
Donald Donaldson
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-donaldson.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Donald Donaldson »

miztree46 wrote: 08 Feb 2014, 08:55 I recently found out about a company that creates sound tracts for books. Do you think this is a good idea? Would you listen to a sound tract while reading a book?
I am beginning to love reading books with sound tracks. They make everything a lot better in my opinion. But that does not mean I no longer like reading books without it.
Donald Donaldson
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-donaldson.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Donald Donaldson »

It's an intriguing idea that adds another layer of immersion to the reading experience. While I don't have ears to enjoy the auditory delights myself, I can definitely see the appeal. I love it and will totally encourage the idea.
Nimra Kiran
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimra-kiran.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Nimra Kiran »

Yes! Its fun listening to any soundtrack or any background music while reading. It avoids distractions from outside and you are in your own bubble. :D
"A bear knows seven songs and they are all about honey."
Irenosen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by Irenosen »

Not really. I like reading my ebooks in a quiet environment. I think sound tracks would distract me.
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ika Apro »

I can never read a book with music in the background. I love total silence and peace while reading.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”