Overdrive

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
mmandy38
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Currently Reading: The Zookeeper's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmandy38.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0
fav_author_id: 2460

Re: Overdrive

Post by mmandy38 »

I had no idea that this app even existed but I just downloaded it and can't wait to start using it.
glittermomma81
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glittermomma81.html

Post by glittermomma81 »

I just came across this a few days ago and I am looking forward in trying it out :) Seems pretty neat!
Greedy_Reader
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greedy-reader.html

Post by Greedy_Reader »

I agree, it's great for borrowing remotely, but I have a real issue with its sorting. It is in alphabetical order so browsing is quite annoying. If there are any tips on what I'm doing wrong, it's be much appreciated!
kstockard
Currently Reading: The World at Night
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kstockard.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: B0051VVOB2

Post by kstockard »

I am a huge fan of Overdrive. Not only is it good for library books, but if you buy/acquire an epub book (maybe it is your only option), then you can store your own personal library there as well. Overdrive is so versatile with their options making them a really great service.
Crimsonsky 749
Favorite Author: John Flanagan
Currently Reading: Artemis fowl
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crimsonsky-749.html
Latest Review: "Salvation's Dawn" by Joe Jackson
fav_author_id: 4299

Post by Crimsonsky 749 »

Horselover4511 wrote:I love the Overdrive app! I have had it for years now. I like that I can return it right there from the app. I also like that I can get my college library on it, as well as my local library. I have used it more often because I can check out 10 books and have them all on my iPad, with me, wherever I go. I still love physical books but I would look weird carrying 10 books around with me everywhere I went.
Seriously?! I am only allowed to borrow 2 books at a time for some reason. It annoyed me so much that don't even use the app anymore. But maybe it's was just my phone.... Sorry I just really needed to rant on that.
Sarcasm: The ability to insult idiots without them realising it.
Quote unknown.
Stop waiting for Prince Charming. Get out and find him. The poor idiot may be stuck in a tree or something.
Quote unknown.
Latest Review: "Salvation's Dawn" by Joe Jackson
nikimikel
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikimikel.html

Post by nikimikel »

Yes! I love it! I have a few libraries set up in my account so I can always find the book I want. It's great since it's free and you don't have to worry about late fees.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

:handgestures-thumbupleft: :greetings-clapyellow:
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
agapepeople
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agapepeople.html

Post by agapepeople »

I can see there are many fans of Overdrive here and I AM ANOTHER!!! Yup, absolutely adore it! I think I use it everyday (except when I am on a holiday from books!:) I think these 3 main things make Overdrive amazing:
1. No need to drive to the local library to borrow a book
2. You can get an audiobook that reads to you while you are driving or if you want to give your eyes a rest
3. You never incur late fees! I used to have regular fines because I would like a book so much that I wasn't yet willing to return it!
So Go Overdrive! :)
Glacier_sky868
Currently Reading: Extinction Event
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glacier-sky868.html

Post by Glacier_sky868 »

I just discovered Overdrive and its amazing! I have a tendency to forget to return my library books, so on top of the convenience of being able to download books, it keeps me from incurring late fees. The only issue I have had with it is that I haven't been able to download the books onto my Nook Simple touch yet.
Haven77
Currently Reading: Beautiful Creatures
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haven77.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Haven77 »

I really enjoy my overdrive. It saves on libary books being miss placed at my house :0)
maddie_huang
Currently Reading: Nudge
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maddie-huang.html

Post by maddie_huang »

I am so happy to hear from fellow Overdrive groupies! (If you allow me to call us this.) When I started Overdrive, I used to use its audiobook option. Unfortunately, that option would cut off an audio file. But I am happy to say that Overdrive's eBook option is much more user friendly.
lp3101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lp3101.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lp3101 »

I love Overdrive. I use it daily to listen to books on my commute to work. I use it nightly to read before going to bed. I love taking a bunch of books on vacation and being able to borrow more when I finish them. My only issue with it is that sometimes I have difficulty with syncing. Thank goodness it is finally on Windows.
rlord2
Currently Reading: Chosen
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rlord2.html

Post by rlord2 »

I love my Overdrive app. The only problem I have is that my library here doesn't put a lot of good published books out there. One of the best things with Overdrive is if I forget to send the book back to the library it returns it for me and I don't have to worry about late fees for the book.
Jojowrites4All
Favorite Author: L.A. Banks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2847">The Great Gatsby</a>
Currently Reading: Hidden in Plain Sight: Revelation of the Sons of Yah
Bookshelf Size: 514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojowrites4all.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 8337

Post by Jojowrites4All »

Score one for technology! I'm getting Pre Release Titles much sooner, and I love the Overdrive app in general.
~ A Lack of Preparation on Your Part - Doesn't Constitute an Emergency on My Part~
40+ren+40
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by 40+ren+40 »

I love Overdrive. I use it all the time to get library books on my kindle. It's fast and super easy. Living in an area that gets lots of snow Overdrive makes it easy to get anything the library has available without leaving home.
"RT"

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”