Schools using tablets instead of books

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
marksm121
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Schools using tablets instead of books

Post by marksm121 »

In school book as well as the tablet can use.
natasha juhl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by natasha juhl »

I am also very against using tablets as the only form of learning supplement that a school will provide. If that is the only way that a student can access their books and homework that should not be allowed. Things need to be on paper in order for smaller children to retain them, however it is ok if the teacher uses the tablet occasionally so that they can explore different ways that students learn.
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.” – Lemony Snicket
Danny Rands
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Danny Rands »

The integration of tablets into the system of reading in schools is to facilitate the consumption of media and information in a digital which is not wrong. But It would be really helpful if children could also know the importance and feeling consuming information in the more old fashioned way(pen and paper) .
Florence Sefaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Florence Sefaa »

There are always fears when new things are being introduced. These fears can range from genuine to self limitations. Technology has come to stay and is driving economies fast. Everything seems to be moving along with it and so is reading. 21st century learning can never be same as 19th and 20th century learning. Wether publishers like or not, they have to go digital or they will be left behind. What need be done is best way of providing long term usable tablet for our school children taking notes of screen suitability, and data/ internet connectivity globally so that no child is left behind.
Kiran Kanwar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kiran-kanwar.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Kiran Kanwar »

One of my favourite places in school was the library. So I would prefer that schools stick to books and get the children to know what a true library is.
Introducing kids to a virtual library is not preferable according to me.
Cassidy Simpson
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimpson97.html
Latest Review: Another Poor Cow by Martins Agbonlahor

Post by Cassidy Simpson »

I think tablets can be good for enrichment and they can help save space in a classroom. That doesn't mean they need to replace books. Kids need to learn how to use electronics and books. It doesn't have to be either/or.
Anthonio042
Currently Reading: Sex, Genes and Rock 'n' Roll
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthonio042.html
Latest Review: "INVASIONS: 'Killing og the Indian'" by Don Diehl

Post by Anthonio042 »

As our globe adjusts to this new educational structure, books remain the most practical option. They are good for kids since they keep their focus and cognitive process centered on the context. Tablets are an alternative, but books are still the best option.
Kidd Essence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kidd-essence.html
Latest Review: Fast-Starting A Career of Consequence by Fred Sievert

Post by Kidd Essence »

I would recommend keeping it traditional with physical books. Kids look at screens almost eighty percent of the day, the last thing they need is another excuse to be on a device. I also agree that it would be much cheaper, in the long run, to stay with physical books, but that varies on the age of the students.
Soumini Banerjee
Currently Reading: Untold Night and Day

Post by Soumini Banerjee »

In the era of digital education, covid and online shift to education, I think that tablets as learning resources are not far off from the near future when everything will be in a matter of clicks and types away.
estanlypido12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-estanlypido12.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by estanlypido12 »

As much as it is pleasing to hear that books are still the most plausible option to rely upon regarding this matter, many people find tablets convenient nowadays. I couldn’t agree more, but we really have to consider the repercussions of overusing it. To simply put, books are still what I prefer for children.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”