Reading ebooks

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Alison Alissa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alison-alissa.html
Latest Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Re: Reading ebooks

Post by Alison Alissa »

An e-book is a good suggestion if an individual follows their own schedules for reading a given e-book.I once downloaded a book from google play .I ONLY read the book once a week,thrice a month.I always found it hard to keep up with the trend.
njc28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by njc28 »

reading ebooks is an easy way to access the book you need because some of us do not have financial ability to get printed one .
Heatholt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatholt.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Heatholt »

I am a new convert to ebooks, but I am enjoying the transition. They are convenient and travel friendly. I think you should give it some time.
kpopi1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kpopi1 »

I have read around 100 ebooks now and still prefer an actual hard copy book. There is something about the smell of the paper and the crack of the spine that cannot be replaced by technology. One bonus of ebooks is that they are way cheaper than actual books. I am an avid reader so from a financial standpoint the ebook allows me to purchase many more books. On top of that it is also nice to be able to carry thousands of books with me on an ereader if i go on a trip rather than having to lug around heavy books.
Tiffanyli
Currently Reading: Quiet
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiffanyli.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tiffanyli »

It's definitely a different experience reading it electronically in comparison to a physical book. But I find that when I'm on the go it's easier to go with ebooks someitmes. Since I have my phone with me all the time, I always have a book with me.
Monishka Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monishka-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Monishka Sharma »

I read e-books mostly. And it is comforting. I use Moonreader app on my android to read downloaded books and there you can adjust the brighteness of the screen, fonts, background colour and texture as per the suitability to your eyes. Turn up or down the brightness as suitable and change the background to an off white colour and it won't hurt your eyes.
Florence Nalianya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Florence Nalianya »

I think its not about an ebook or hard copy but the psychology .You get used to what you have.
dorisnkatha87

Post by dorisnkatha87 »

I like paper book but ebooks are more available. With Kindle it is easy to access a book to read.
Mrunal Tikekar
Currently Reading: Heartquake
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunal-tikekar.html
Latest Review: Out of the Uniform, Back into Civilian Life: No Nonsense Veterans Benefits Guid by Jason Pike

Post by Mrunal Tikekar »

I read books on my iPad; cant complain about the experience. It is not same as reading physical copies, but doable. With adjusting the light, I do not find it much cumbersome to read ebooks.
naomisorge
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naomisorge.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by naomisorge »

I have an Ipad so I read e-books with the kindle and ibooks apps. The experience is much better than curling up with your laptop, but I agree with a previous poster about the glare from the screen bothering your eyes. Especially with the kindle app, I love the highlighting feature: if I ever want to go back and re-read something, I can just scroll through the highlights instead of having to flip through a paper book.

If anyone comes up with a cure for the glare on the screen, please let me know!
Jennashby_87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennashby-87.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B07CZMMQPM

Post by Jennashby_87 »

I don’t own a Kindle but I use my iBooks on my laptop sometimes and I have the Kindle app so I can still read books on there. As for the glare, they have different background lighting options to make it easier to focus on. I mainly only get ebooks if I won’t make it to the city to buy new books anytime soon. I live in a really small town and we do not have a book store.
oscarhowarth13

Post by oscarhowarth13 »

I have a busy schedule and I travel a lot. Because of which I don't get much time to read a book. But I love reading ebooks. That's when I shifted to ebooks and it is a great help.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

I guess things changed a lot in the years since this thread was opened. Ebook editions are now common and you can choose among a number of devices to read them.
Ciao :)
Massimo
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Leyla Ann »

To be honest, although I find eBooks more manageable but I still can't handle reading on my laptop, so I use my phone to read instead.
People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.
readsbyarun
Favorite Book: Wilderness Cry
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by readsbyarun »

I love reading e books. E books are easy and comfortable to ready as long as you dont strain your eyes due to the prolonged reading.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”