Connect to your public libraries E-books and audio books

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Payten Maness
Currently Reading: The Lifeboat
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-payten-maness.html
Latest Review: Unsilenced by Martins Agbonlahor

Connect to your public libraries E-books and audio books

Post by Payten Maness »

Hey all,
for a great source of free books, connect to your public library through your computer or phone. Most public library systems in the US have them now, generally their run under the app Overdrive, or Libby, but check with your local library to make sure. They work the same as an in-person library and you connect to them with your library card. Overdrive and Libby are the apps I know of, but do any of you know about any other apps library's use?
Grace Kadhim
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Grace Kadhim »

I use Overdrive and Libby pretty often. The only complaint I would have is that I need to sign in every time I use them on my phone! I wish it kept my credentials.
Tanyn Murley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanyn-murley.html
Latest Review: The Devil Pulls the Strings by J. W. Zarek

Post by Tanyn Murley »

Wow this is pretty awesome. Wish they had something like this in SA
Charlienmegan Wehner
Currently Reading: Finding Joy with an Invisible Chronic Illness
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlienmegan-wehner.html
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King

Post by Charlienmegan Wehner »

I am always using Overdrive to check books out! I love it! Plus, I don’t have to remember to take my books back on time because it automatically pulls the books back whent they’re due.
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King
Michael Villanueva
Currently Reading: Price Wars
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-villanueva.html
Latest Review: Bambara by Joseph Eidelberg
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Michael Villanueva »

@Grace, whenever I click on the app on my phone I am auto logged in. Maybe there is a setting or security feature on your phone that is logging you out and forcing you to re-login every time.

My only issue is that if I login with my computer or my phone, the bookshelves do not always sync. I have a rolling reading list that I bookmark whenever I'm looking through books, but that reading list sometimes doesn't sync with the phone app or the computer. Anybody run into this?

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”