The need of different ebook formats

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Betelhem Demsie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-betelhem-demsie.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

The need of different ebook formats

Post by Betelhem Demsie »

I sometimes feel sad that I can't open some files with my favorite reading apps. I wonder why we needed so many different formats of ebooks? Why not one? It would be easy to open :roll2:
kipper_
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kipper.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by kipper_ »

Having multiple e-book formats actually allows us to have greater accessibility to different forms of online material. Certain formats can offer different tools for the people using them. I can definitely relate to the frustration of not having the right application when trying to view a new download, however!
Daniel Banguwiha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Daniel Banguwiha »

I sometimes feel sad that I can't open some files with my favorite reading apps. I wonder why we needed so many different formats of ebooks? Why not one? It would be easy to open
aazminsyeda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aazminsyeda.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by aazminsyeda »

I feel the same. As someone who has neither kindle membership or audiobooks, it gets really difficult to access the books unless they are either in epub or pdf mode. if there was no one format, I wish there would have been one single app for this. :oops:

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”