I heart Amazon prime

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Ebets
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62

Re: I heart Amazon prime

Post by Ebets »

I like Amazon prime for the kindle books. I buy books from Amazon sometimes but I have not had the best of luck buying books from there. Sometime they have sent me the wrong books. Plus I try to also support other stores.
maggie hong
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by maggie hong »

I too enjoy the convenience of Amazon Prime but a lot of times, the prices are inflated on Amazon and the quality control isn't really there at all. A friend of mine sells a specific kind of seasonal lotion (gingerbread or something) from Bath & Body works - she basically buys a TON in bulk like thousands of them when they're available during holiday season and then posts the product to sell on Amazon, on behalf of Bath and body works, but no one would ever know someone other than a Bath & Body works employee was selling it on Prime. And of course, over the year, a lot of folks want the specific scent of lotion but will pay an inflated price on Amazon ($20+) when my friend literally bought each one for 5 bucks. It's crazy and I found out it happens with almost every product on Amazon. I don't really like the whole idea of folks taking advantage of that system (they make a lot of money off our money but are not the legitimate representative of the brand/company itself) so I've tried to use Amazon less. Regardless though, it is super convenient to use for fast shipping.
Kristalynn0823
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Bookstore Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 731

Post by Kristalynn0823 »

Does anyone have the Kindle rewards Beta program yet? It is the best and you earn free e-books as well. Some of the books are a bit expensive sometimes, so I usually just purchase sale books.
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight

Post by Ika Apro »

Amazon prime hasn't helped me much with books, but kindle unlimited is definitely a great bargain

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”