Reader into a Writer

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Tamara Bengesai
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-bengesai.html
Latest Review: Seeking... Finding... Healing... by Becky Lu Jackson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Reader into a Writer

Post by Tamara Bengesai »

I'm enjoying being a reader as a book reviewer on this site. It has improved my grammar and vocabulary. It has made me think to start writing short stories. How does one transition into becoming a writer? Once you become a writer, do you stop reading?
Bianca Morano
Favorite Book: White Nights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianca-morano.html
Latest Review: High Clowder Cats by Ruby Knight

Post by Bianca Morano »

Same here. Being here really made one enjoy being a reader and a book reviewer at the same time.
I don't think you stop being a reader when you become a writer. I think it's a never-ending process of learning how to read and write. Keep going.
Liza Chulukhadze
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liza-chulukhadze.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Liza Chulukhadze »

I think writer reads the most. I used to write short stories but I stopped because of lack of time. Start by thinking about your thoughts and a great tip, write your imagination even if it seems silly. After a while you can edit it and find out that there is a great meaning to what you wrote.
Donald Donaldson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-donaldson.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Donald Donaldson »

Tamara Bengesai wrote: 05 Mar 2023, 09:40 I'm enjoying being a reader as a book reviewer on this site. It has improved my grammar and vocabulary. It has made me think to start writing short stories. How does one transition into becoming a writer? Once you become a writer, do you stop reading?
I cannot answer that question as I am not a wroter, but I suggest you do a lot of research. Surely, there is an easy stress-free way to transition from being a reader to being a writer. I wish you the best.
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight

Post by Ika Apro »

You never stop reading as a writer. The more you read the more you write. A writer needs constant developement.
Tommy Mayengbam
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommy-mayengbam.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Tommy Mayengbam »

If you want to be a writer, all you need to do is start writing. I've been reading since 8 or 9 years old, and I began making a living by writing in my mid-twenties.

Never did I think I would become a writer. That was never in my plan. But it worked out that way, and I'm glad it did.

I don't know about other people, but being a writer doesn't stop me from reading.
Catherine Escobar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Catherine Escobar »

During the pandemic o started to write, and I'm really good at that, I enjoy writing and reading, but I stopped because I have no time and it takes a lot of time and creativity, I didn't stop reading because reading makes you a better writer
Dennis Nickerson
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Cruel Romance
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennis-nickerson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Dennis Nickerson »

I have journaled a reflection of my life journey during the global pandemic shutdown and now have a desire to turn it into a possible book. The prospect is daunting, but exciting as well.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”