Reading in the modern age

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Re: Reading in the modern age

Post by Susan Gibbs »

I'm old-fashioned. I still prefer a good old paperback book. I think I'll always choose paper books. I love the smell of a brand new book.
bookmagic019
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by bookmagic019 »

:techie-studyinggray: I like both but if I had to pick one, I would say a real physical book
Anthonio042
Currently Reading: Sex, Genes and Rock 'n' Roll
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthonio042.html
Latest Review: "INVASIONS: 'Killing og the Indian'" by Don Diehl

Post by Anthonio042 »

It still depends on where and when I decided to read. Most of the time, ebooks are pretty convenient for me, but I cannot undermine the nostalgia and relief that reading physical books gives to me. Although it’s quite hard sometimes to go on page for page, unlike scrolling screens in ebooks, classic books made me enjoy reading more.
Kidd Essence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kidd-essence.html
Latest Review: Fast-Starting A Career of Consequence by Fred Sievert

Post by Kidd Essence »

In all situations, I would have to go with paperback/hardcover over any form of digital reading. I spend hours each day on a digital device as it is. So reading is my way of escape from the digital world.
estanlypido12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-estanlypido12.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by estanlypido12 »

Physical copies are impeccable. However, if we would resort to reading books in this era, I would always refer to ebooks. The amount of convenience it gives to is just worthwhile.
Blessing O 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-o-2.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Blessing O 2 »

I read both ebooks and physical ones. Though I read more ebooks than physical ones, I prefer physical ones because the hurt the eyes less.
Roseline Ruiters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Roseline Ruiters »

I like both actually.If the book is going the way I read it in the first chapter then I'll be dedicated to that story.I love reading on the phone or getting a few books from the library.Either one is good.Just so long as the author knows her/his stuff then I'll be a big supporter.I'm a sap when it comes to a good romantic book!😅
Bianca Morano
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: White Nights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianca-morano.html
Latest Review: High Clowder Cats by Ruby Knight

Post by Bianca Morano »

Reading in the modern age, you have a lot of options on how to read. But not me, I only have the option to read in eBook format. I'm not being sour about it, I just get tired and sick of it sometimes. The eye strain gets too much sometimes.
Liza Chulukhadze
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liza-chulukhadze.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Liza Chulukhadze »

It does definitely depend on the situation. I usually try to get audiobooks if possible because I walk a lot during the day. My favorite format used to be a physical book as it made me feel more involved with it, but after getting kindle, ebooks are my favourite I think. They are cheaper, more flexible, I am not afraid of losing or ruining it, I can carry it in my pocket and read almost any book possible. And kindle doesn't even hurt my eyes that much, so definitely either an audiobook or an ebook if possible, thought I love the feeling of the physical book as well.
The Dodo Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-dodo-writer.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by The Dodo Writer »

Omarflor wrote: 23 Jul 2015, 13:29 I'm not quite sure where this topic would go exactly but i feel this is as good of a place as any.

Now a days there is so many ways to read a book. There's the classic book(just a normal book), e-books on computers, tablets, e-reader, audio.

If given a choice I always choose a physical copy. I feel its much more comfortable and hurts my eyes less (i have extremely weak eyes.)

Whats your favorite form of reading? Do you dabble between all the options or strictly stay with one type? Does it depend on what the situation (maybe audio book for the car)?
I prefer physical books. Do not get me wrong. I love ebooks, but it is just not the same.
David Tutor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-tutor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by David Tutor »

Liza Chulukhadze wrote: 05 May 2023, 01:11 It does definitely depend on the situation. I usually try to get audiobooks if possible because I walk a lot during the day. My favorite format used to be a physical book as it made me feel more involved with it, but after getting kindle, ebooks are my favourite I think. They are cheaper, more flexible, I am not afraid of losing or ruining it, I can carry it in my pocket and read almost any book possible. And kindle doesn't even hurt my eyes that much, so definitely either an audiobook or an ebook if possible, thought I love the feeling of the physical book as well.
I have not started actively listening to audio books because my mind always wanders. But just like you, I like the feel of a physical book.
Sameeha Ismail
Currently Reading: Jane Austen at Home
Bookshelf Size: 230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sameeha-ismail.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sameeha Ismail »

I would like to stick to paperbacks. That will be possible if I have enough time and means. Since it's not the case, I use audio books for listening to self-help books, eBooks for reading necessary text, and paperbacks for reading novels.
One book, printed in the heart's own wax Is worth a thousand in the stacks.
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight

Post by Ika Apro »

I love reading the physical books the most as they are better for my eyesight and feel better to hold in hand. It gives me more emotional connection.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”