EPub or OBC Reader

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Joseph Shivell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

EPub or OBC Reader

Post by Joseph Shivell »

When I went to choose a book today, all of the books in my chosen genre were for the EPub Reader. I had the EPub reader, but removed it when I saw the OBC Reader. Do I now have to go back and download the EPub reader again, or can I use the OBC reader for the EPub formatted books? Do I really need the OBC reader if there are no books in that format?
Monishka Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monishka-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Monishka Sharma »

Unfortunately i cannot advise you about this. I read EPub formatted books and they are just more convenient for me. I still haven't tried OBC reader.
hydenmatt007

Post by hydenmatt007 »

As of my last update in September 2021, there is no specific file format called "OBC" for e-readers or digital books. The common and widely used file format for e-readers is EPUB (Electronic Publication).

EPUB is an open standard format designed for reflowable content, which means the text can adapt to different screen sizes and orientations, making it suitable for various e-reader devices and mobile devices. EPUB files can contain text, images, and even interactive elements.

If you are looking to read digital books or documents on an e-reader, it is likely that EPUB will be the supported format. Most e-readers, such as Amazon Kindle, Kobo, Nook, and others, support EPUB files.

If "OBC" refers to a different file format or a specific e-reader device that has emerged after my last update, I apologize for not having information about it. To learn more about the compatibility and supported file formats for a particular e-reader device, please consult the device's user manual or check the manufacturer's website for the latest information.
hydenmatt007

Post by hydenmatt007 »

hydenmatt007 wrote: 20 Jul 2023, 06:06 As of my last update in September 2021, there is no specific file format called "OBC" for e-readers or digital books. The common and widely used file format for e-readers is EPUB (Electronic Publication).

EPUB is an open standard format designed for reflowable content, which means the text can adapt to different screen sizes and orientations, making it suitable for various e-reader devices and mobile devices. EPUB files can contain text, images, and even interactive elements.

If you are looking to read digital books or https://independenthealthplans.com/heal ... nce-texas/ documents on an e-reader, it is likely that EPUB will be the supported format. Most e-readers, such as Amazon Kindle, Kobo, Nook, and others, support EPUB files.

If "OBC" refers to a different file format or a specific e-reader device that has emerged after my last update, I apologize for not having information about it. To learn more about the compatibility and supported file formats for a particular e-reader device, please consult the device's user manual or check the manufacturer's website for the latest information.
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ika Apro »

I rather OBC app, as it is more convenient and comfortable for me.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”