Short E-books greater than or less than long E-Books

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Bianca Morano
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: White Nights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianca-morano.html
Latest Review: High Clowder Cats by Ruby Knight

Re: Short E-books greater than or less than long E-Books

Post by Bianca Morano »

There is no difference between them, except for their length. But it doesn't usually matter when the story of the book is good and of high quality.
Liza Chulukhadze
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liza-chulukhadze.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Liza Chulukhadze »

I find it more challenging to read on screen for long as well. Even tho kindle doesn't have illumination, it bores my mind and after a few minutes I already find it hard to stay focused on it. Tho I must say lately it hasn't been much easier to read physical books as well.
The Dodo Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-dodo-writer.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by The Dodo Writer »

KrystleM wrote: 04 Jan 2016, 22:30 I recently began reading E-books and what brought me to them were short stories which are about 50-150 pages. I recently purchased an E-Book that is 350 pages (although pretty short), but I am a bit overwhelmed reading a book with so many pages on my e-reader. I am not sure if it just me, or is it harder to read a numerous amount of pages via a screen than on paper.
I prefer books either way. I cannot say I care for the length of a book. As long as it is interesting and filled with enough to keep me interested, I'm good.
David Tutor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-tutor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by David Tutor »

KrystleM wrote: 04 Jan 2016, 22:30 I recently began reading E-books and what brought me to them were short stories which are about 50-150 pages. I recently purchased an E-Book that is 350 pages (although pretty short), but I am a bit overwhelmed reading a book with so many pages on my e-reader. I am not sure if it just me, or is it harder to read a numerous amount of pages via a screen than on paper.
I understand how you feel. Sometimes books with too many pages overwhelm me. But if the book is good, then I always sit through all the pages.
Sameeha Ismail
Currently Reading: Jane Austen at Home
Bookshelf Size: 230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sameeha-ismail.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sameeha Ismail »

I find it easier to read long eBooks than paperbacks. In screen I can see a single page and so it not a big deal to turn to the next page. But if I have to read a humongous paperback of self-help book, I will be stifled by the sheer volume.
One book, printed in the heart's own wax Is worth a thousand in the stacks.
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ika Apro »

Depends on the content of the book to be honest. I have read a 70 page book that taught me a lot and then a 300 page one that was just all over the place. I do like short books with deep meanings better, though.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”