Listening to Audio books

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Jesse Shon Voyamba
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesse-shon-voyamba.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Re: Listening to Audio books

Post by Jesse Shon Voyamba »

Listening to audiobooks is something I have tried hard to get used to, but I couldn't. I find myself falling asleep anytime I start listening to audiobooks. I also believe that audiobook won't make me apprehend the message of a book.
Ebets
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62

Post by Ebets »

I like listening to audiobooks because I find it relaxing. I don’t like listening to long audiobooks over 500 pages because it can make the audiobooks seem like they are dragging but if they are shorter than that I enjoy them.
Selmuq Voruma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-selmuq-voruma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Selmuq Voruma »

Despite trying twice listening to audiobooks, I just couldn't. It felt like I was missing out on the important details. Since then, I have concluded that audiobooks are not for me.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I love reading books more than listening to audiobooks. I can go back to the sentences when I want to repeat reading, but not on audiobooks. It's great listening when just want to while away under the tree in a hammock. I love it like that.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Tamara Bengesai
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-bengesai.html
Latest Review: Seeking... Finding... Healing... by Becky Lu Jackson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Tamara Bengesai »

I have not tried the audiobook. Looking at the comments, I better stick to reading myself.
kevi000
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kevi000 »

Audiobooks actually have a pass in my world, which surprised me, since e-books don't...
Uzoamaka Elekwa
Currently Reading: Best Evidence
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Uzoamaka Elekwa »

Listening to audio books does not work for me, i prefer to just take out time and read rather than listening to a pre-recorded version of the novel.
Marquesa
Favorite Book: A Promised Land
Currently Reading: The Housemaid
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marquesa.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by Marquesa »

I am subscribed to Audible and it was a true revelation and blessing for me. Having a busy life, now I can listen to the books I did not have time to read. It is a real time saver and time well used during daily commute to work and back.
Monishka Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monishka-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Monishka Sharma »

I tried it once but it wasn't great. It really slow compared to reading and it interrupts and changes the flow of my imagination. Seems very monotonous.
Keshav Saini 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keshav-saini-1.html
Latest Review: The Vine by Adria L. Dunn

Post by Keshav Saini 1 »

Audio books can provide an engaging and immersive experience by bringing stories to life through the narration of talented voice actors. With the right narrator, you may find yourself captivated by their performance, as they infuse emotions, accents, and various character voices into the storytelling. This can add an extra layer of depth and enjoyment to the overall experience.
Keshav Saini 1
Currently Reading:

Post by Keshav Saini 1 »

Additionally, audio books offer convenience and flexibility, allowing you to listen to your favorite stories while engaging in other activities such as commuting, exercising, or doing household chores. They can be a fantastic companion during long drives or flights, making the time fly by while you delve into captivating narratives.
Keshav Saini 1
Currently Reading:

Post by Keshav Saini 1 »

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your inquiry about audio books. As an avid consumer of both printed books and audio books, I would be happy to provide some insights.

When it comes to the satisfaction derived from listening to a book versus reading it, it ultimately boils down to personal preference. While the experience of reading a physical book allows for a certain level of engagement, flipping through pages, and visually immersing oneself in the text, audio books offer a unique way to experience literature.
Tammy Grey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tammy-grey.html
Latest Review: Not Dead Yet by Mark Fletcher

Post by Tammy Grey »

I tried reading an audio book and found it quiet displeasing. It doesn't give off the same vibe as reading it myself. It was oddly disappointing.
Natalia Salvador
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalia-salvador.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Natalia Salvador »

I rather read the book I find I can follow along better than just hearing it. Although its nice to hear it while doing other things.
Nimra Kiran
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimra-kiran.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Nimra Kiran »

Listening to audiobooks is a good idea. They often have professional narrators who bring characters to life with their voice acting, adding more interest to the story. I think they allow us to enjoy books while doing other activities, exercising, or even relaxing before bed. It's a very convenient way to enjoy books!
"A bear knows seven songs and they are all about honey."

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”