What is your favorite reading app on smartphone ?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Hope_Queen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hope-queen.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: What is your favorite reading app on smartphone ?

Post by Hope_Queen »

I have used kindle app till now ,will definitely try the suggestions given here
Fairy02
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Fairy02 »

My favorite reading app is Kindle so far. To tell you guys the truth I haven’t read through any other app till now, but looking at all the posts it looks like there’s a lot to choose from 😊 I’m looking forward to get myself exposed to most of them!
Ann Mattocks
Currently Reading: One Way or Another
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-mattocks.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ann Mattocks »

The Kindle app is the only reading app I have. It's connected to my Samsung tablet and phone, they sync automatically to each other so I'm not having to guess where I ended on one device when switching to the other. As a mom of 4 and home care worker it is so much easier to read on my phone when I have some spare time than carrying a tablet or book with me everywhere I go.
NocturnalPenguin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by NocturnalPenguin »

I've also come to love Moon+ Reader. I've tried a few, and this seems the most easy-to-use and meets the needs of the reader. Even the free reader is great. It has lots of customization options as well, which let me read how I want, and the statistics keep me grinning from time to time.
Bookgirleva
Currently Reading: The Sword of Shannara
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Bookgirleva »

Kindle all the way. I am an Amazon junkie
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Oulababe »

My favorite reading app is Wattpad. I love it because it allows me to read books from writers all over the world for free. Most books aren't professionally edited and published but they are so creative and interesting.
Asisha Joseph
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asisha-joseph.html
Latest Review: Andalusian in Jerusalem by Mois benarroch

Post by Asisha Joseph »

Aliaa88 wrote: 18 Aug 2016, 11:03 aside from kindle ,Nook and all the reading devices these days there are a lot of e-book reading application for smartphone. Some of them even come with a lot of options and free versions.
I for example prefer Moon+ Reader. It is simple with a lot of options of highlighting and the ability of adding notes. I have tried tens of applications before settling down for this one. It have both free and paid versions and available on Google Play, making it compatible with almost every android
What is the best reading application in your opinion? What exactly do you look for in such thing?
I would love to know everybody's favorite
Hey, me too! I struggled a lot with other apps on Google Play Store before finding this one, it had all the functions I needed, and I think I've been using it for the past 7-8 years or so!
Asisha Joseph
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asisha-joseph.html
Latest Review: Andalusian in Jerusalem by Mois benarroch

Post by Asisha Joseph »

'Favourite' implies there's more than one app. I have one, and that's Moon Reader.
erasmus
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erasmus.html
Latest Review: "Torn Between" by Karen A Miles
Reading Device: B00GQDBS7O

Post by erasmus »

I have three e-reader apps on my phone:

Kindle, Kobo, and Overdrive.

The first is the one I use the least. I'm not very familiar with it.

The second I use when I need to buy an e-book because it isn't available in my local libraries/bookstores.

Overdrive is by far the app I use the most and my favourite because I can borrow free e-books from the national library. Usually, it takes a while for new books to show up. Sometimes I can't find the books I want. And other times, if it's a really popular book (like, say, The Fault in Our Stars), I have to place a hold and wait for months before it's my turn to borrow it. But I'm already used to the waiting, the app is simple to use, and I don't have to pay anything for it (Hah, I feel this point is worth repeating a second time).
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Latest Review: "Torn Between" by Karen A Miles
jesdav16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesdav16.html
Latest Review: The Prize by Geoffrey M Cooper

Post by jesdav16 »

My favorite reading app on smartphone is Foxit pdf reader. It is convenient and its word wrap function helps me turn pages quickly to save reading time.
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

My have both kindle reader app and lithium eBook reader. But I use the lithium eBook reader app the most. With this app, I'm able to markout significant text in books and even with different.
nomadmadi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by nomadmadi »

I use iBooks on iPhone, but I am considering a switch to Kindle app soon.
sarahmarlowe
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

Sarah_Khan wrote: 18 Aug 2016, 12:03 My favorite would have to be Kobo, the design is simple and clear. They offer a lot of free e-books and a lot of fun options like highlighting, quoting, searching up a definition without having to exit the book or lose your page. I also like that they give you badges for passing certain goals. :)
I prefer my Kindle app, but I haven't tried Kobo. I'm going to check it out! Thanks!
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
ShaniG98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by ShaniG98 »

I’ve mostly just tried the kindle app and Wattpad so far, but some of the suggestions in here do seem really worth checking out. :)
elaine2303
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by elaine2303 »

ReadEra. Opens all my ebooks and documents in pdf format too

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”