Any success in selling E-Books?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Lucinda Nevarez
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucinda-nevarez.html

Any success in selling E-Books?

Post by Lucinda Nevarez »

Hola, there has been a few people selling e-books online whether recipes or self-help books. They make large sums of money through it, and I wanted to know if anyone has had success in selling e-books?
James Stilson
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by James Stilson »

Greetings,

I have more success when I run discounts. I also notice more hits (sample reads) on KDP while the discount sale is going on.
Chitopogi
Currently Reading: the marvelous adventures of gwendolyn gray
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitopogi.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Chitopogi »

Aside from the profits the authors can get from selling their E-Books is the recognition and plaudits the authors receive from critics and the public. Case in point - the author of the self help recipe online which has become viral, she might get an invite from a pastry club as their resource speaker. She gets paid just speaking publicly for a few minutes. And those attendees who don't have her book will most probably buy her book online afterwards.
KiMB00P
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by KiMB00P »

There's a bunch of different ways to promote your books and the success for each option is different for everyone. You can give a free copy to a blogger that reviews books and has a good following on their blog and that can increase sales. Or for novels, you can release one chapter at a time on wattpad app and put a comment at the end saying the reader can buy your book now if they don't want to wait for the next installment.
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Post by ebethina »

I've tried and did not have any luck. It seemed like they always had all the books I had and would not accept them.
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly
Trixy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 317
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trixy.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Trixy »

It all depends of the type of ebooks, i personally think that recipe books can be sell with good advertising and the self-help books are the most easily to sell because it helps a problem to solve, which there is always looking for one. I have ebooks at amazon but there are fictional and it costing me a lot to sell, but i don´t loose the hope.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
ChrisAMacKinnon

Post by ChrisAMacKinnon »

I've heard getting other people to review your books on Amazon is a good way to increase sales...?
Star88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star88.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Star88 »

I haven't sold any personally, but I know some people who have. The hardest part for them is advertising and promoting.
Sally_Heart
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-heart.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sally_Heart »

I have a cousin who has sold lots of copies of his eBook. Maybe you should try your luck and see if it works out for you.
Betelhem Demsie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-betelhem-demsie.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Betelhem Demsie »

I tried three times to sell different ebooks, But I was unsuccessful.
losTcHild50

Post by losTcHild50 »

Betelhem Demsie wrote: 27 Sep 2022, 12:04 I tried three times to sell different ebooks, But I was unsuccessful.
I'm only just starting out myself and its steady but slow. Once you're on all social media sites, perhaps start a blog - I've just started one on rumble. And then maybe think about marketing your book towards whoever you think your target audience would be. Whatever websites you think they're likely to visit - perhaps advertise there. I'm a newbie too. We're learning as we go. I would say don't give up though. Marketing and self promotion is a very different skill to writing, so allow yourself to make mistakes along the way.
David Tutor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-tutor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by David Tutor »

Lucinda Nevarez wrote: 26 Sep 2016, 17:01 Hola, there has been a few people selling e-books online whether recipes or self-help books. They make large sums of money through it, and I wanted to know if anyone has had success in selling e-books?
I tried selling an ebook for a friend a while back. The result? $0
abhilashrao1987
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by abhilashrao1987 »

Yes. E-books give sellers flexibility it sell across different countries easily as it eliminates the shipping time and cost.
Sameeha Ismail
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Jane Austen at Home
Bookshelf Size: 230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sameeha-ismail.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sameeha Ismail »

Promoting your best quotes in the eBooks seems to work well. It's like giving out samples of ice-creams for potential customers. So if you have social media accounts you can post your most favored quotes.
One book, printed in the heart's own wax Is worth a thousand in the stacks.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”